what made you realize, " okay , I need to loose weight?"

Options
I think for me it was seeing a picture of myself that made me unhappy. :#

Replies

• prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    One morning I woke up and said I am tired of being fat. I looked at pictures of myself and could not believe I was that big!!! I was in denial for so long!!! That was 30 pounds ago with about 20 more to go!!!
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    When I saw new stretch marks on my hips :'(
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I looked in the mirror and i dont even look good from the neck up anymore lol. Walked into an interview out of breath bcuz i took the stairs in fear of elevators.....cant figure out why i didnt get the job. The list goes on!
  • missafwilliams
    missafwilliams Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What matters is that you made a choice to change. Some people continue to live in denial.

Keep pushing. :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    I knew for years that I needed to lose weight. I just didn't want to. I had done low-fat during the 90's and I just never wanted to do a restrictive diet again. A friend told me about mfp and it was about 2 or 3 years before I actually started using it. It was so easy this time just counting calories that I wish I had done this sooner. I did have some pictures that really made me realize how big I actually was and that motivated me. Plus sending my youngest off to college gave me more time on my hands to focus on me when I had always been focused on my kids before.
  • bluebell88xx
    bluebell88xx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of me and my neck and face merged into one and my favourite jeans didn't fit :(
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It's a bunch of things over the last few weeks. I've been fluttering around, not very serious about reaching my weight loss goals, for a long time. In the last couple of weeks I am becoming more and more frustrated with how my clothes fit, how my face and body looks, and generally how BLAH I feel. I've also been getting bad headaches every day, which I attributed to stress, but yesterday I went into the pharmacy to buy a few things, and on a whim took my blood pressure and was SHOCKED at how high it is....it's no wonder my headaches are so bad. I'm afraid now and I realized that I need to take back control of my health. I've been passive too long. :(
  • primefocuspt
    primefocuspt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror one day and said enough was enough
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Having unexpected blood work done showing my glucose number was in the pre-diabetic range. I lost around 50lbs and now consistently have glucose numbers under 100 (normal range). My cholesterol has also improved, blood pressure is great etc. I'm pretty much the only one in my family/extended family who isn't overweight/obese, and the only one who's reversed high glucose numbers (several family members have died from complications to T2/several are in declining health because of it).
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've got well over 100 lbs. to lose and tomorrow was/is always on the radar. Unfortunately, I never let tomorrow happen and here I am. I took a long hard look at myself in the mirror and am in the process of replacing the "then" picture in my head with the "now" picture; the truth. Many years ago I'd lost a ton of weight and when that happened, I became obsessed with weighing myself 2-3 times a day. I need to let that go and learn how to focus on getting healthy.
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    When I weighed myself just randomly and realized I had almost hit the 100kg mark. That absolutely terrified me I promised myself I would never let myself hit that mark and since then I've lost almost 10kg and still going strong! ^^
  • hraasch12
    hraasch12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of myself taken last night and saw how fat my face looks.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    When even my "fat" clothes were getting too tight.

omg, yes this ^^
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    having mobility issues and mega joint pains. Figured to lighten the load would help. Down 40 so far with 40 more to go to reach GW. Plus looking so fat and sloppy was crushing my self esteem.....Yesterday for my BD I did have cheesecake but stayed in range.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nothing...I just realized I was really out of shape and blood work showed me to be very unhealthy...like dangerously unhealthy...

Losing weight was just a bi-product of living a healthier lifestyle and getting my *kitten* together.