Looking for healthy,easy, recipes.

Options
Hey people. I'm starting back up again and I'm looking for some good healthy recipes that aren't too hard. I'm not the best cook. Im at 189 right now and looking to get down to 175 or so. I do the meal prep but I'm tired of just the same old same. Looking for something new just to try maybe once a week. Thanks guys.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What do you like? Google that+recipe. Recipes can be tweaked and simplified and adjusted to your tastes and skills. Home cooked meals are healthy. Cakes and desserts are for special occasions.

I too like trying something new about once a week. Keeps things interesting without making cooking overwhelming.
  • akamran1
    akamran1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What do you like? Google that+recipe. Recipes can be tweaked and simplified and adjusted to your tastes and skills. Home cooked meals are healthy. Cakes and desserts are for special occasions.

I too like trying something new about once a week. Keeps things interesting without making cooking overwhelming.

This, and don't forget to check out the "recipes" forum here for some very good ideas.
  • amal2343
    amal2343 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just check out health websites. You can find loads of them. This is one random one I got http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/18045/weight-loss-diet/
  • Nappingcat97
    Nappingcat97 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light magazine has tons, and they have books, too. They're a little heavy in seafood and fad foods (mmmmmm....quinoa AND kale? Wowzy!). But every month offers at least 5 recipes I'll try.
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I really like Taste of Home. It is about $10 for a years subscription. Not everything in there is healthy but that is why I like it, it's not diet food. They always have a make-over recipe and post the nutrition facts of everything. They have pictures of all the foods. The recipes are not difficult. They don't have a ton of ingredients you never heard of with a thousand steps.

Some quick things I make when I don't have time: 1/2 a cup of oatmeal (40 grams) with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (32 grams) and 2 teaspoons of brown sugar (8 grams)
    1 cup plain greek yogurt (227 grams) with cheerios (30 grams) and sometimes 3 tablespoons (30 grams) of raisins
    Bag of steamed veggies- 5 minute in the microwave
    Packet of fish or cheese and 6 crackers
    2 eggs in the microwave topped with salsa