xbox one questions ( sorry I know its not health related)

Options
I just got an xbox one and I set up at my parents house who have internet but now that I have it at my house ( where I have no internet) it won't log into even my profile. It makes me teather my phone to log in to just my profile ( before game is even in) . I was told my customer service that once its set up I should not have to have internet unless the game needs it. Anyone got suggestions?

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Apparently there is a 'go offline' setting in the settings. Try that.
  • lenalovestofish
    lenalovestofish Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did. Its still doing it. Its driving me nuts. I might throw it against wall.
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's weird, usually if there's no internet connection it automatically just goes into offline mode.
    When it asks you to sign in with an internet connection, does it ask for your password?
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Stop.....I will ask the wizard to read your post in a couple hrs. When he gets here...
  • cee134
    Options
    Which games are you trying to play?

There are some activities that you need to be online to use, such as:
    • Playing games and apps that require an Internet connection.
    • Playing games that require online sign-in, even for a single player.
    • Syncing and playing saved games on more than one console.
    • Using social features like friends, messages, and parties.
    • Browsing and buying content from the Xbox Store, Music & TV, and Groove.
    • Using Xbox SmartGlass.
    • Updating the console or apps.
  • lenalovestofish
    Options
    I am not trying to do anything with games. It is asking before I even put a game in. It is asking me to sign into my xbox profile even though I am not online and have it set to offline mode and it wont let me go any further until I teather phone login and then I can go offline and put game in. But according to customer support once it was initially set up the first time I should be able to choose my profile without logging in online.
  • cee134
    Options
    I am not trying to do anything with games. It is asking before I even put a game in. It is asking me to sign into my xbox profile even though I am not online and have it set to offline mode and it wont let me go any further until I teather phone login and then I can go offline and put game in. But according to customer support once it was initially set up the first time I should be able to choose my profile without logging in online.

Is it fully up to date?
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't do this:

bsy73jg4ndfq.gif
  • lenalovestofish
    Options
    I am thinking about it!!!

As long as you don't do this:

bsy73jg4ndfq.gif

• lenalovestofish
    Options
    As far as I know it is
    cee134 wrote: »

Is it fully up to date?

• cee134
    Options
    Can you create a new profile offline?
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I did. Its still doing it. Its driving me nuts. I might throw it against wall.
    Well that's unlikely to fix your issue ;-)

I'd call customer service back and stay on the phone as I follow their instructions until it works. And then even restart it and try all over again to make sure it's cleared up. This way they're able to help in real time and deal with issues as they pop up. Maybe they'll learn something and can pass the information along to other customers who may have the same problem.
  • cee134
    Options
    The offline profile is to see if she can actually play games offline under a different profile. The other 2 possibilities are the game itself requires your to be online, even in single player mode. You may also want to delete the wifi password, maybe it's still trying to connect by wifi?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I once had a laptop that wouldn't connect to the Internet so I put my fist thru it's screen.

I had no problems with it after that.

Thankfully it belonged to my employer and not me.

I told my boss: I will take the responsibility but not the blame *

* if it was good enough for Richard Nixon, it was good enough for me.
  • lenalovestofish
    Options
    It wont let me create an offline profile