Sluggish and don't want to workout! What can I do?

Options
Does anyone have any tips & tricks to energize and motivate you to workout? I went on a really long and challenging mountain bike ride 5 days ago and haven't had the energy to workout since. So lazy! I'd rather lounge around. Biked today and it was tough goin'. Has anyone else ever felt this way? How do you get over the hump?

Replies

• MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ugh..I'm feeling pretty lazy today too..
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    We're are currently on the same boat!! I walked/jogged for 5 miles 5 days ago and haven't wanted to lace up since!! I feel super lazy as well, so you're not alone!! Hopefully someone has good tips :)
  • javanews
    javanews Posts: 2
    Options
    Eat more protein & drink water when u are tired!! Makes a world of difference!! Exercise helps my brain! :) Remind urself that u will feel better mentally when u exercise!!!
  • sezgirl
    sezgirl Posts: 23
    Options
    just do it.. remind yourself how good you will feel afterwards =)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I had been a little lazy b/c we were away for 6 days July 4th weekend...we swam a ton that weekend, but I didn't get back into a workout routine that week. This Tuesday I was planning to start the Couch to 5k program again because I want to build up some more endurance in my running. Anyhow, that day I came home from work feeling sluggish and achy like I was getting sick. My coworker is sick so I thought I might actually be getting it. So I sat for a bit and thought, I am NOT letting this get in the way of my momentum. I got out there and did that run and afterwards I did another 25 minutes of circuit training...I woke up NOT sick the next morning and even ran again yesterday! I feel great and am SO glad I stepped up and did the run on Tuesday. Could have totally changed my week, and my life! Get out there and do something....even just a brisk walk :) You'll be so happy about it later!
  • dsreilly
    dsreilly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I felt awful earlier....my legs ached, i generally felt rough.....I was going to skip a workout, but.....skip one, it becomes 2, then it's easier to skip. the 3rd....n 4th. I got up, jumped on the treadmill, did 30 mins, then stretch and jumping jacks, back on the treadmill to cool down. I know tomorrow, i will wake up feeling better about myself for pushing ahead......i wont get this weight off sat on my backside wondering why it isnt dropping off!!! It's mind - Not body
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just tell yourself you are only going to exercise for 5 minutes and before you know it you will get into it and want to do more! Drink lots of water! :wink:
  • dsreilly
    dsreilly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had been a little lazy b/c we were away for 6 days July 4th weekend...we swam a ton that weekend, but I didn't get back into a workout routine that week. This Tuesday I was planning to start the Couch to 5k program again because I want to build up some more endurance in my running. Anyhow, that day I came home from work feeling sluggish and achy like I was getting sick. My coworker is sick so I thought I might actually be getting it. So I sat for a bit and thought, I am NOT letting this get in the way of my momentum. I got out there and did that run and afterwards I did another 25 minutes of circuit training...I woke up NOT sick the next morning and even ran again yesterday! I feel great and am SO glad I stepped up and did the run on Tuesday. Could have totally changed my week, and my life! Get out there and do something....even just a brisk walk :) You'll be so happy about it later!

Well done, know how it feels now......i feel on top of the world for getting on with it :)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Just go for it then you rehydrate and eat protein. For more energy, up the protien, fiber and make sure you are getting in the 64oz of water.

Still have days like this and just have to do it. Even if not a full workout, it helps just to move!

Best of Luck!
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    bump
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    Just tell yourself you are only going to exercise for 5 minutes and before you know it you will get into it and want to do more! Drink lots of water! :wink:

This! Once you're on the treadmill, outside walking/running/biking, you've done the hard part and you just need to keep going!
  • KelsQ
    KelsQ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WAHOOO! Your words gave me the push I needed- and its true, once you're in the workout, your energy flows. I did 30 Day Shred level 2 and 40mins of Zumba (youtube vids). I think my LACK of exercise (and h20) were at fault for the blahs.
  • KelsQ
    Options
    WAHOOO! Your words gave me the push I needed- and its true, once you're in the workout, your energy flows. I did 30 Day Shred level 2 and 40mins of Zumba (youtube vids). I think my LACK of exercise (and h20) were at fault for the blahs.
  • KelsQ
    Options