Looking for fitness friends!

Hi!

My name is Nikki, and I've used MFP off and on for a couple of years, now. I am 35ish pounds from my goal, and I want to hit it before next summer, if I can... so, I'm trying to find people to add so that I'm a little more tied to this app again!

I have a hard time getting outside to exercise, so maybe as an ice breaker, how about you introduce yourself by telling me your favourite indoor workout!

Replies

• ratnsho106
    ratnsho106 Posts: 7 Member
    Elliptical machine at the gym
  • NikkiMizer
    NikkiMizer Posts: 14 Member
    ratnsho106 wrote: »

I really like the elliptical too. I wish I were closer to a gym! I just moved to washington state temporarily, though
  • January5th
    January5th Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Jindy Marie. I've also used MFP for a few yrs on and off. I was very consistent before, but ever since I got a new phone, I "forgot" to d.l. the app. I'm a FIBIT addict.
    I also recently gained weight :( So upsetting! But I'm determined to cut down.. yes, even during the holidays when the food is super tempting. I want to lose at least 30 lbs. I'm 4"11, so a even lil weight put on looks terrible!!
    The reason I gained weight is bc I recently took a job as a private nurse, and I've been in the house 24/7! Seriously, so it's tricky to get active. I still manage to get my 10k steps daily, but that's just it. I'm looking to go to the gym on my break AT LEAST once a week.

Let's be friends :)
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    My favorite indoor workout is definitely the rowing machine. The repetitive motion and the focus on technique is really meditative for me.
  • NikkiMizer
    NikkiMizer Posts: 14 Member
    My favorite indoor workout is definitely the rowing machine. The repetitive motion and the focus on technique is really meditative for me.

The elliptical had a sort of hypnotic/meditative effect for me, but I've never tried a rowing machine!
  • ccarges16
    ccarges16 Posts: 7 Member
    I love cycling! The classes really help keep me motivated
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    NikkiMizer wrote: »

I really like the elliptical too. I wish I were closer to a gym! I just moved to washington state temporarily, though

I went to Washington State University :)
    My current favorite indoor activity is the rowing machine. Luckily (??) I broke my toe and had to stop running and found the rowing machine! I visualize myself in Seattle where UW crew practices. I used to love watching them glide across the water.

Feel free to add me :)
  • CafeRacer808

The elliptical had a sort of hypnotic/meditative effect for me, but I've never tried a rowing machine!

You should give it a go sometime! Rowing and swimming are probably the two best low impact, full body workouts you can do. Just be sure you learn proper technique first so you can get the full benefits while limiting your chance of injury.
  • CafeRacer808

I went to Washington State University :)
    My current favorite indoor activity is the rowing machine. Luckily (??) I broke my toe and had to stop running and found the rowing machine! I visualize myself in Seattle where UW crew practices. I used to love watching them glide across the water.

Feel free to add me :)

Somewhat off topic, but I just read a book called "The Boys in the Boat". It's about the 1936 US gold medal rowing team, all of whom were UW alums. It's a really inspirational book and contains a lot of references to 1930's Seattle.
  • DanielleBzly
    DanielleBzly Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Im Danielle! I bought an elliptical off of Amazon and I work out at home!
  • rfamjardine
    rfamjardine Posts: 9 Member
    love running on my Nordic Track treadmill with ifit program B)
  • FitWithTeri
    FitWithTeri Posts: 14 Member
    Hi! I'm looking to lose same amount as well! I usually workout indoors along to strength training videos on YouTube. My current favorite trainer is Jackie Warner but I've fallen away... trying to get back into the game!
  • jessicazvara
    jessicazvara Posts: 1 Member
    I'm on here looking for workout friends since Ive been using this app I've lost 18lbs. I used it on and off and I'm sticking to it for once and I'm actually losing weight and see results.
  • FitWithTeri
    FitWithTeri Posts: 14 Member
    Hey Nikki I'm trying to get used to using this
  • so_losin_it
    so_losin_it Posts: 25 Member
    Hi Nikki, I find a lot of free workout videos on Youtube! I like Jillian Michaels old workout videos. They are fast, free, tough and can be done in the comfort of my home.