Anyone in the same boat?

Options
So started working out September 1st and have lost 30 pounds since then, my ultimate goal is 50. I'm extremely strict on my diet and workout about 5 times a week.

If I don't workout in a raging B-word. So my off day is horrible.

Everyone is saying what a huge difference they see and stuff. But when I look in the mirror I barely see a difference.
I took a picture today, just a after workout selfie. I posted it and felt confident for about 2 minutes.

I look thin the picture but heavy in real life. why?? Anyone else feel this way??

Replies

• catherineogden
    catherineogden Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think I can understand what you are going through. You have a specific image in your head of what you 'should' look like, and it will never be enough. You have to learn to readjust your brain and what it is thinking. Focus on one thing you like about yourself and slowly increase why you are so beautiful! ( this is all easier said then done)

Focus on how you feel not how you look
  • melissa2838
    melissa2838 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has a little body dysmorphyia. Were they don't see the reality but rather see how they feel. In other words you still feel overweight so you don't acknowledge your weight loss progress... yet
  • snubbyfan
    snubbyfan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I focus on that little bit of fat I still have. Even though everyone tells me I look great all I can see are those small pockets of fat.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good thing that you realize this now instead of when you reach your goal weight. You can start working on your self-love right now and catch up with your loss and by the time you reach your goal you will be in such a great place!

I have some friends that will never be happy with the weight they are. Now they are complaining the body they had 6 months ago and 6 months from now they'll be saying that again. It's about being happy and loving yourself at every step of your journey. I agree with @catherineogden start small and build from there. It is truly something you need to exercise, you can definitely get to this mental place.

Good luck, and congrats on your loss so far! Just don't forget what is really important: it is the person you have become by the end of the journey, not the destination, that matters most. oxox
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Me? It's my jiggly middle. I've lost close to 20 lbs since July -- so nowhere near as fast as you have -- and I've had to buy new jeans in a smaller waist size because my old ones bunch up weirdly if I cinch a belt tight enough to hold them up, and my BMI has moved into the upper end of the "normal" range from "overweight", but as long as my belly still wiggles when I walk I'm going to feel fat.

I could, with some justification, set my target 20 lbs lower than my current weight since that will put me smack in the middle of a "normal" BMI, but I don't know if that's too ambitious. Not least because I've been stalled for a few weeks. I'm sure my limitations on weight training right now aren't helping. (Some kind of shoulder injury, possibly from over-exercising to start with, for which I'm getting PT.)