5'7 168 currently. Goal to lose 15 pounds by Christmas. Anyone have similar goals?

Options
I started exercising every day for 50-60 minutes with circuit training or conditioning classes. This is week one...will I make my goals by Christmas?

Replies

• jadevalentine
    jadevalentine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope you make your goals but I think it might take a Christmas miracle. :)
  • tosi1312
    tosi1312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Is that water & muscle you intend to lose..?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    your to small to lose 15 pounds in 4 weeks safely >.>
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Not unless you want to spend Christmas in bed, burnt out... unrealistic and impossible to safely obtain. If you work hard, you could lose 3-6. But even 6 is rather optimistic for your height and current weight.
  • Pinkytiffy
    Pinkytiffy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    tosi1312 wrote: »

Water weight more so since I'm not muscular.
  • Pinkytiffy
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Doubtful. Sorry but 15 pounds in 4 weeks is just not realistic. But good luck.

Would 8 pounds be more realistic?
  • Pinkytiffy
    Options
    SLLeask wrote: »
    Not unless you want to spend Christmas in bed, burnt out... unrealistic and impossible to safely obtain. If you work hard, you could lose 3-6. But even 6 is rather optimistic for your height and current weight.

I have in the past year lost 8 pounds in a month when I was using the Insanity Shaun T workouts. I started the T25 that is his other one. Maybe 6 pounds is more obtainable. Thanks for the insight.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Pinkytiffy wrote: »

Weight loss that rapid will result in muscle loss even if you aren't "muscular". We all have muscle, it's how our bodies move. Someone who has higher than average muscle would be less hurt by the muscle loss than someone who is average or below average.
  • Pinkytiffy
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Weight loss that rapid will result in muscle loss even if you aren't "muscular". We all have muscle, it's how our bodies move. Someone who has higher than average muscle would be less hurt by the muscle loss than someone who is average or below average.

Interesting... Maybe I should shoot to lose 6-8 pounds as my fitness goal before Christmas.
  • CatB409
    CatB409 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Currntly 208lbs want to reach 160lbs...i lost 34lbs alreadly and gained 8lbs back with my new job...soo need to stay focused...
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Super glad your not fighting us saying 15 is far to much. I actually did the math today for myself, Im 5 ft 3 167 pounds and poked my nose into a 10 pounds by christmas thread.
    Realized i probably couldnt do that very comfortably XD Still going to try though. But im much shorter and have been losing 5 pounds every 2 weeks for 6 months now :p If i dont make it, Whatever. Atleast it will give me motivation:p Hopefully your similar and wont beat yourself up over whatever goal you do choose. Best of luck!
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is set a reasonable goal (at your current weight, one half to one pound per week is both reasonable and achievable while being lasting) and get started. It's all about CICO, whether you work out or not. I lost 35 pounds in about 6 months and have kept it off without a problem (currently 5'5", 140 pounds, now size 4 in pants, size small in most shirts, size 6 in dresses). It's just math--consume fewer calories than you burn, but there's nothing smart about trying to do it fast. I did exercise (walking daily and lifting weights twice a week) so that I would maintain muscle and get stronger.

Get a food scale and use it as much as possible, log everything that goes in your mouth, log your exercise. It works. Good luck!
  • Pinkytiffy
    Options
    CatB409 wrote: »
    Currntly 208lbs want to reach 160lbs...i lost 34lbs alreadly and gained 8lbs back with my new job...soo need to stay focused...

Yea I was 201lbs at the end of 2014 and that's my motivation.. I don't wanna be that big again. I had back pain and knee pain and didn't know why. Now I know. I'm at 168 in 2016/ the lowest I've gotten was 154 lbs in June 2016. Consistency is key and maintaining motivation is important to if you're a person like me who gets bored easily. And the end of the day, We can do anything once we put own minds to whatever it is we really want to achieve to better ourselves.
  • timeforwork
    timeforwork Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I still have 4 stone 6 pounds to lose and hopeing to get rid of the 6 pounds for jan 1st
  • Pinkytiffy
    Options
    Just an update but I weighed in at 165lbs today. So I've lost 3 lbs in a one week and a half of exercising and eating better. 6-8 pounds looks like a winner. Yayyy!!
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just an update but I weighed in at 165lbs today. So I've lost 3 lbs in a one week and a half of exercising and eating better. 6-8 pounds looks like a winner. Yayyy!!

That's terrific, and I'm very happy for you! Keep up the good work. A gentle thought: don't get discouraged if your rate of loss slows down as time goes on. That's normal. Weight loss is not linear, keep in mind the overall trend as your guide. You didn't gain the weight quickly, you won't lose it quickly, but you absolutely can have success!
  • Pinkytiffy
    Options
    haviegirl wrote: »

That's terrific, and I'm very happy for you! Keep up the good work. A gentle thought: don't get discouraged if your rate of loss slows down as time goes on. That's normal. Weight loss is not linear, keep in mind the overall trend as your guide. You didn't gain the weight quickly, you won't lose it quickly, but you absolutely can have success!

Thanks for the thought...I'm surprised I lost already but it definitely has been intense workouts and eating below 1100 is a challenge. I want a Reese butter peanut cheesecake from The Cheesecake factory so bad... But then again... I wanna keep losing weight and get toned.