Need some inspiration from non dieters

Options
2»

Replies

• RocheBeukes
    RocheBeukes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make healthier choices when I know the calories of the foods, and you get to treat yourself from time to time without feeling terribly guilty about it. Previously I lost 6kg with calorie counting and exercise, so for me it works.....
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    i can't even follow a knitting pattern without tweaking it, so yeah. diets belong to my teenage years.
    Also, did calorie counting naturally help you to start choosing healthier options as you continued with tracking? Did you slowly start eating more fruits and veggies without the forceful diet mentality? I don't want to go on a diet anymore. I simply can't stick to them.

it did, though i got so sick of logging that i quit doing it after about six months because i couldn't stand it. just couldn't picture the rest of my life yoked to it.

with that said, the time spent doing it was kind of what let me quit doing it. in the logging period, i found that knowing actual calorie values was like having a budget. psychologically i noticed that it turned deficits into something neat that i'd earned so once i had earned mine for the day i was much less reluctant to blow it on short-term anything. the counting is fun in itself for a while, like a game almost.

long-term, just the awareness of calorie amounts was something i'd never had. calories weren't ever really a big part of my life or consciousness, so it was kind of like a lifeskill i had never picked up and i've kept that. admittedly in a vague sort of way, but yeah :tongue.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!