How did you accomplish this amazing transformation?

2»

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    NancyYale wrote: »
    Letting go of my all or nothing attitude was key for me. In the past I had to be perfect. And when I fell off the wagon, I stayed off. The act of taking quiting off the table no matter what, was the key to success. 118 down and 6 to go.
    Thanks for sharing this! I am still on my journey and I can agree that somewhere along the line I gave up the idea of quitting too. Just hadn't realized it. 67 down 30 to go.

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I had some bloodwork done about five years ago and my daughter looked at it and said this doesn't look so good. The rest of my brothers are on blood pressure meds and I was heading there. My cholesterol was climbing too. One of my sons poke my large beer gut and asked "when is it due". I got a fitbit and found this site. I lost 53 pounds and my beer gut. I am now a runner and enjoy half marathons. I changed my diet and just had my bloodwork done again. Everything is perfect and normal except my good cholesterol was elevated. This is all a change I can live with. When I look back at it, it really wasn't that hard and I am so glad I did it.
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Love the advice everyone!!!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    So far I've dropped from 182lbs down to 147 pounds (I'm 5'4")... just had my annual physical and my blood pressure is UP as well as my bad cholesterol. Were always normal before. I eat the same foods, just smaller portions. WTF??? Seriously?
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Just the words I needed to hear today. Thank you! ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I made a commitment...I followed through with discipline...discipline lead to consistency...I exercised patience and took a realists approach that *kitten* wasn't just going to happen overnight...since losing weight four years ago, I've remained committed to a healthy lifestyle...I'm disciplined...I'm consistent...and I continue to exercise patience where my goals are concerned...they simply shifted from weight loss to other things...really, there is no finish line.
  • tracypreiss
    tracypreiss Posts: 11 Member
    I have lost 27 lbs since August and as long as you track what you eat it works. You realize how many calories are in things and it really makes you think twice about that third piece of pizza or that second piece of cake. I still eat bad sometimes but most of the time I stay well within my calories. I dont put down my exercise calories because I still have 13 but once I do I will add my exercise calories for maintenance purposes.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Being patient, being kind to myself when I would mess up, weekly meal preps, accurate tracking and finding fitness activities that I actually LOVE through trial and error.
  • the_fit_geek
    the_fit_geek Posts: 58 Member
    Time. Patience. Self discovery. Open minded. Thinking outside the box. Trying new things. Never giving up. Surround yourself with positivity. Tumblr. Instagram. Facebook. Trash the negativity. say goodbye to it. Byebye DRAMA !!!!!!!!! HELLO SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!! And if friends cant accept that fact, then they weren't your friends to begin with. Friends support! They dont nit-pick you! Again, Self Discovery! EDUCATION--NON--STOP--EDUCATION!!!! Take before and after photos.. space them out 2months apart! Maybe 1month, but its pushing it imo. TRACKING--MyFitnessPal. Track everything! Be conservative in your calories. If MyFitnessPal says your Goal is 1800cals per day, make that 1600. This will give yourself a 200 cal buffer zone daily!!!!!! Eat THREE 400 cal meals per day and THREE 100 cal snacks, spaced evenly apart---fires up the metabolism! MAKE YOUR BASAL METABOLIC RATE BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TURN IT INTO A FOREST FIRE! eat metabolic burning foods (simple google search). Do 15 min Metabolic exercises. Again, MAKE YOUR META BURN! Eat right and Eat Clean!!!!!!!!! Support system--real life friends/family AND internet friends (both because someone will always be there at 10pm when you have a crappy day at work, being tooooo hard on yourself, becoming extremely negative, and about to have a nervous breakdown or bingfest).... Doing the best--Not being the best in the world at something--but doing MY best at it. Accepting the fact that im not the cover of GQ magazine nor an Olympian nor a personal trainer with a master's degree with 16 pack abs and a beach body tan with a 90210 hair cut pumped up with steroids doing cardio moves perfectly like i'm living an infomercial. NO! Im gonna do the best I can do and proving it to myself that I can BE the best at what I DO! Understanding that you're not the best and that does NOT make you a failure or pathetic or unwanted. But you're trying. As long as you TRY, you are NOT FAILING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!