Starting over...

Options
Hi there,

My name is Sara. I originally started MFP in 2013. I lost 80 pounds and was in the best shape of my life. Flash forward to 2015. I started a new job (teaching) and was gradually putting on weight. I attributed it to stress with work and my personal life. In 2016, I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer (I had never thought of checking my thyroid--I'd just assumed I had gotten super lazy). In May, my thyroid was removed along with cancerous lymph nodes.

For 3 months, I was without any sort of hormone production which attributed to me being exhausted and then gaining weight like crazy. I currently weigh 228 pounds, stink at getting up the stairs and anything remotely physical. I have started exercising again and I am finding a new routine. Currently, I am focusing on cardio to improve my body and make it more efficient. I also participate in body pump 2 times a week to re-introduce my body to basic moves at much lighter weight.

So now, I live a crazy life. Teaching high schoolers, coaching and at least for the next 11 months, planning a wedding but I absolutely adore it.

Best of luck on your journeys and if you'd like to be friends, that'd be great.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP, Sara. :)
  • MrTeaToe
    MrTeaToe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara, I am too getting back on the Road again. I guess the mistake I always do is getting off the Road.
    Congratulations on the wedding.
    And like Ricky Martin said, "Vive la Vida Loca" :)
  • smiles6428
    smiles6428 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara! I'm a teacher too. I typically get way off the ball during the school year. Hoping to do better for the rest of this term and all of next semester. Good luck and and congratulations on the wedding.