Classic Muscle as in Cars, Trucks, etc.

Options
RoxieDawn
RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
edited December 2016 in Chit-Chat
Favorite classic car or truck, motorcycle, plane, boat, etc..

This is my baby.. 1965 (V8, 289)

3y76hg9x4jno.jpg

Replies

• Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    That's your baby as in you have one? That is my wife's dream car except she wants at robins egg blue. I want the 65 fastback version. All black no bling LOL
  • LittleBitMeme
    LittleBitMeme Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is my girl. 1965 converted to 4 speed 289 V8
    jx4aioxtrobz.jpg
    3mgaq9cjnaq0.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    This is my girl. 1965 converted to 4 speed 289 V8
    jx4aioxtrobz.jpg
    3mgaq9cjnaq0.jpg

I am in true love with you car.. This color is da bomb!
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Grey_1 wrote: »
    That's your baby as in you have one? That is my wife's dream car except she wants at robins egg blue. I want the 65 fastback version. All black no bling LOL

I must admit that I went and bought her on a whim one day.. I drove by a place locally here where I live and bought it on the spot.. Talk about impulse buy.. I have had her 15 years..
  • LittleBitMeme
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I must admit that I went and bought her on a whim one day.. I drove by a place locally here where I live and bought it on the spot.. Talk about impulse buy.. I have had her 15 years..

That's funny because I got mine kinda the same way! She was sitting on a flatbed truck and was so dirty you couldn't see what color she was. Asked the guy want he was doing with her and he said that he was taking her to store up on his brothers farm because he didn't have time and just lost his house. Paid him cash and took her home. Washed her for HOURS and under she was that pretty. I haven't even painted her. Inside is prefect. I have only changed a few things under the hood but I love her.
    I dig your red girl! They are fun cars for sure!
  • RoxieDawn
    edited December 2016
    Options

That's funny because I got mine kinda the same way! She was sitting on a flatbed truck and was so dirty you couldn't see what color she was. Asked the guy want he was doing with her and he said that he was taking her to store up on his brothers farm because he didn't have time and just lost his house. Paid him cash and took her home. Washed her for HOURS and under she was that pretty. I haven't even painted her. Inside is prefect. I have only changed a few things under the hood but I love her.
    I dig your red girl! They are fun cars for sure!

Love your story..

I drove by saw her sitting in this old man's yard.. She was dirty, she looked really lonely and I knew she needed a home! Went to the bank same day and drove her home same day. I had no garage so I had to lease space to store her in till I moved to my home where I am now. I have not painted her either, the convertible top has not been changed either. I have changed out her battery a couple of times that's it beside normal maintenance. She is a true gem.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This is not the exact one, but my husband is wanting a 1968-1970 SS El Camino. This won't fit in Santa's stocking..

xrarz2fkoxw9.jpg

• Grey_1
    Options
    Thanks a lot OP! I get to come in here and look at all this Eye candy and then go home and get into my little Nissan.

Ouch :D
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Thanks a lot OP! I get to come in here and look at all this Eye candy and then go home and get into my little Nissan.

Post a pic.. it will make you feel better.. I promise! lol
  • Grey_1
    Options

no! no it won't! :D

<3
  • RoxieDawn
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks a lot OP! I get to come in here and look at all this :) Eye candy and then go home and get into my little Nissan.

<3

I think posting pics of your favorite muscle car is a freeing experience.. try it..

If not, it will make me feel better, that counts doesn't it? LOL LOL
  • Grey_1
    Options
    Thanks a lot OP! I get to come in here and look at all this :) Eye candy and then go home and get into my little Nissan.

<3

I think posting pics of your favorite muscle car is a freeing experience.. try it..

Here it is - minus the chrome. I prefer muted trim and wheels. I almost had one once identical to this and some clown outbid me on it.

j3yj1pk8n0nd.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    edited December 2016
    Options

<3

Here it is - minus the chrome. I prefer muted trim and wheels. I almost had one once identical to this and some clown outbid me on it.

j3yj1pk8n0nd.jpg

This sweeeeeettttt! What's the year?

Now I feel better, don't you... LOL

• LittleBitMeme
    Options

<3

j3yj1pk8n0nd.jpg

That's is very nice! Someday! Some way! Make your dream come true!
  • LittleBitMeme
    Options
    hhg14ozrxio9.jpg

This will be my next baby. 1972 C10 short bed
  • MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately not mine but I took this picture a few years ago

w9rombh200mx.jpg
  • Grey_1
    Options

<3

j3yj1pk8n0nd.jpg

This sweeeeeettttt! What's the year?

Now I feel better, don't you... LOL
    '65 - driving that was pure bliss. I never found another as mint and tight.

<3

j3yj1pk8n0nd.jpg

That's is very nice! Someday! Some way! Make your dream come true!

Thanks! <3 I almost laughed when I saw you and Roxie's photos - my wife is dying to have one, and we just can't right now. I'll be showing her your cars later tonight though :)
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    hhg14ozrxio9.jpg

This will be my next baby. 1972 C10 short bed

I think you have good tastes in classics!!! I think we should go shopping together..LOL :)