80 lbs in 40 weeks

Options
BriXXany86
BriXXany86 Posts: 3 Member
I've got 80 lbs to loose total and aiming to reach that goal in 40 weeks. 2 lbs a week for 40 weeks :) anybody up for the challenge ?

Replies

• sissyn49
    sissyn49 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge and am right there with you. Good Luck
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I don't have 80lbs to lose anymore but I do have 57lbs to lose before I get to my goal weight so if I lose 1lb a week for the 40 weeks then I will be 17lbs away from my goal weight by the end of the challenge but even if I finish before the challenge ends then I will still support.
  • juliannetryon
    juliannetryon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join....need to lose more than 80 but that would get me close!!
  • jkbeals64
    jkbeals64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    GAME ON! Going back to 01Sept2016 for the start. Have lost 20# since then.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here's a reality check (of sorts)

Pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range

My point is - ANY amount of weight you lose in 40 weeks is success! Don't beat yourself up if (when) you are not at goal weight by then. The last 15 pounds is so slooooow. But slow is a good thing. Aggressive calorie deficits don't support existing lean muscle mass efficiently. You want fat loss ......not just weight loss.
  • BriXXany86
    BriXXany86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree the point is to have a set goal. I do better when I have a set goal each week And support. I'll celebrate everyone's success no matter how small
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have 55lbs left before I get to my goal weight now because I have lost 2lbs this week.