Insulin Resistance / PCOS Diet

Options
Hello! Anyone else diagnosed with PCOS with insulin resistance? Some friends have done the keto diet but I'm not a fan and try to keep my daily carb intake around 100 grams. Thinking of dropping it down a little more. Just wanted to see what others in a similar boat do. Also, if you google Kalyn's Kitchen, there are soooo many amazing low carb recipes!! Thank you :-)

Replies

• caregetsfit
    caregetsfit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm on victoza and low carb/low glycemic diet. It's been a definite adjustment
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Here. I focus mostly on hitting my protein and fat goals and, in general, averaging around 150 carbs (average over the week so some days higher some lower.) I don't really make recipes that are specifically low carb. I just eat a lot of meat/eggs and produce with dairy and then grains thrown in a bit.
  • snyderadam
    snyderadam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Although I don't have a medical issue, I usually source lower glycemic carbohydrates by a fiber requirement. I eat carbs at or below a 10:1 ratio of carbs to fiber (so if I had 40g of carbs, it would need at least 4g of fiber). I use sources like barley, bulgar, sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, etc.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My carbs typically are between 50-100g per day, sometimes a little lower. Have PCOS and am insulin resistant.
  • fatty2sixpack
    fatty2sixpack Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am insulin resistant and I don't think that I can go keto so I decided that I will keep my carb count 60g.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I am insulin resistant and I don't think that I can go keto so I decided that I will keep my carb count 60g.

Don't overcomplicate the process. 60 grams of carbs will make you miserable and is extremely and unnecessarily low for a person of your size.
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm on a strict paleo diet and I have only positive things to say. Only issue is that it can get expensive and can be difficult to eat out.