tips on losing those last pounds?

Options
Hi was wondering if anyone whose lost 50+lbs can give any advice on how they lost theyre last 14lbs? I seem to take forever to lose a pound then it goes back on the following week. Its like my bodys trying to hang onto it. For over a year iv been losing successfully, but I seem to be stuck and reducing calories isnt an option. Iv heard people say the last lbs are the hardest. Iv got a bridesmaid dress to fit into so I really need to up my game.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose 50+, but I did lose 40+.

1. Are there any opportunities to tighten your logging? That is, are you sure that you're using the right database entries, are you weighing solid food, are you using generic/homemade entries created by other people?
    2. Are you having any days where you aren't hitting your calorie goal? ("Cheat days," "free days," unlogged days)
    3. How long have you been cycling through the same pound? It takes a lot of patience once you get closer to goal because your deficit is so small.
    4. Are you eating back activity calories? If so, how are you determining how much to eat back?
    5. What is your calorie goal? Why isn't reducing calories an option -- are you already as low as you can safely go?
    6. How did you determine that you need to lose 14 more pounds? What is your current weight and height? Are you losing this to fit into a specific dress?
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Im 5'11 and 194lbs so I definitely could lose another 14lbs, possibly more but id b happy just being a healthy weight for my height. Im large framed. Im quite good at the logging but yes I do have cheat days.....but iv always had cheat days and still lost........guess iv just answered my own question there ha ha. I dont exercize other than walking so dont eat back exercise calories. im eating around 1300 a day with one relaxed day off a week from counting. Maybe its time I did some proper exercize and stopped these cheat days, im just finding it harder to motivate myself ..thanks for the reply.
    The dress was ordered in one size smaller so im hoping 14lbs is enough