Help in Creating a Exercise & Diet Plan

Options
I leave for Florida in 30 days!! Unfortunately while I'm there I don't have access to a gym and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on creating an exercise or diet plan for my three weeks in the sun.

I'm going down as a stable hand/groom for my boss. We'll be bringing down 9 - 10 horses and I will be responsible for feed, turning in/out, grooming, and cleaning on the stalls. My days will start at 7am and end around 4pm. Show days will start earlier and end later. I'll probably walk on average 15 - 20,000 steps a day (around 12 miles a day). I'm not a huge breakfast person, but could attempt to force myself into a smoothie or something.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're going to be pretty active...I wouldn't worry about it and just eat responsibly. Maybe go for a run a few days per week or something.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    you could google bodyweight workouts and find some videos to use (convict conditioning seems to be a popular one here) - but with as active as it sounds like you are going to be, I agree with @cwolfman13 - eat responsibly and you should be ok
  • CaeTroi
    CaeTroi Posts: 27 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion @deannalfisher definitely going to google and bookmark on my laptop now! I'm very fortunate to be going to a part of FL that has many health food stores in the area, so I'm looking forward to some nice fresh food (: Although I do worry on the horse show days how to plan out horse show food (it's never really healthy)
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    look into the Fit Girls Guide, it has an easy exercise plan with limited equipment needed as well as a food plan, and its 30 days.
  • CaeTroi
    CaeTroi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @leooftheyear thanks for the suggestion! Going to Google it and bookmark it and friend you!
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @CaeTroi no problem, I know the struggles of being out of normal routines. I was traveling for work from January - Aug, either every week or every other, so I was living out of a hotel when I wasn't home and those hotel gyms are not very well equipped.

Another suggestion is looking into Daily Burn, 30-60 min exercises, its an app you can download and I believe you still get the first 30 days free.