5 Weight Loss Mistakes to Avoid

Options
THIS is exactly it. For those wondering why they're not losing weight... it could be any of these five things!

http://www.active.com/women/Articles/5-Weight-Loss-Mistakes-to-Avoid.htm?cmp=17-2-945

Replies

• westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bump! I just read the same article earlier today! I felt like I knew/had heard about all of these, but reading that these factors are actually important was a great reminder and re-enforcer.
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    That's a really good article! Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • rockeramy1979
    rockeramy1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good reminder! Thanks for posting :happy:
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    thank for sharing :)
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vickigee
    vickigee Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank for sharing. Have a great day! :-D
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    just read this, great article thanks! You know I'm always telling people that all I drink is juice and water, I've never been a pop drinker, and now I'm realizing that maybe I should drink more water and less juice, I would probably then shed these lbs a little easier! Thanks! :happy:
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Great article except number 5 is just flat wrong. It doesn't matter what you eat carb wise as long as you eat at a caloric deficit and hit your macronutrients every day. You will lose weight.

Period.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, I can't get the 5 weight loss mistakes to avoid, there is no way it comes up when I click on it, any ideas?
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    bump... again haha
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Ahhh so true!

Thanks for the reminder!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Great article except number 5 is just flat wrong. It doesn't matter what you eat carb wise as long as you eat at a caloric deficit and hit your macronutrients every day. You will lose weight.

Period.

I disagree. I am insulin resistant. As they pointed out "Processed carbs, such as sweets and white breads, pastas and rice, typically lead to insulin surges and body-composition problems". Processed carbs sent my insulin soaring where as less processed carbs don't. In addition to that, things they don't point out at that those surges in insulin are often what cause cravings, cause the infamous 'sugar high' and equally infamous "low energy crash". When one is in the throws of a low energy crash, they are much less likely to exercise as they might otherwise have and are more likely to grab the closest 'fast fuel' (i.e. sugar fix), where if they were to eat less processed carbs and kept their insulin levels regulated, they may choose healthier snacks, leading to energy production and potentially, that needed trip to the gym and a vigorous workout instead.

Everyone is different. There is really very little on this board that will fit every person as a blanket statement on this board and that really needs to always be taken into consideration.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This is a great article! Thanks for sharing!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump