Giving it another shot!

Options
Hi! I had a friend just tell me about myfitnesspal, and I decided to check it out! I'm a 26yo mother of 1, married to my highschool sweetheart. I have had issues with my weight for the past 6 years or so, after being diagnosed with PCOS and Hypothyroidism. My weight skyrocketed while doctors played around with medication, and then I incurred a knee injury that has never healed quite right. While I recognize that my weight was affected by these things, I cannot blame my ridiculously high numbers on that alone. I get discouraged when one of these factors makes it harder to lose weight, and eventually I give up. BUT- I'm hoping I'll find the inspiration I need when it gets really tough, on this site! I HAVE to make a change, and I'm determined to lose 85lbs. I want my body back! So, here I am, picking myself back up, and trying again!

Replies

• walking02
    walking02 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! you are at the right place. :smile:
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    Welcome! This is the place. For the first time EVER in weight loss I don't feel alone! Its amazing how people you don't even know can make you feel so good.
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you will make the change! and you've come to the right place, everyone is so inspiring and supportive. you're going to love it! ::positive vibes::
  • sicklittle
    sicklittle Posts: 21
    Options
    I am a mother of two and I gained 48lbs in 9 months because of post partum depression and my doctors "playing" with my meds. I also suffer from a torn rotater cuff and I have yet to have surgery....I have always been afraid to do any strength training, but I worked through it and finally I am doing 3lb weights and finding my boundaries. It's the little accomplishments that count sometimes! I know I don't have the same medical problems as you, but I do have quite a bit of weight to lose and even though im semi new to the site as well, I could help you through your journey! Friend me if you'd like =)
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you joined! I have found a lot of encouragement and motivation through this site. I tell my sister that MFP and Fat2FitRadio are the perfect combination for weight loss. I listen to the podcasts to give me the knowledge and boost me on. I log on here and enter my foods to be accountable and the "friends" encourage me and boost me on as well. I don't feel like I'm doing it alone!