Emotional eating

Options
Does anyone feel like snacking for any reason that doesn't involve hunger? No matter my mood I want crackers, candy etc and have such a hard time not reaching for it, need some help please.

Replies

• xxButterfly_Kissesxx
    Options
    I know what you mean.. I quit smoking.. And well its been over 5 months now.. It hasnt bothered me .. Until about 2 weeks ago if Im bored I want to eat something.. Not cause im hungry im just bored.. Or ill over eat at dinner.. I know im full but I continue eating.. Idk why :(
  • canuckgurrl
    canuckgurrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge stress eater, always have been. I try to do anything else.
    Good luck!
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yep, I DEF wanna eat when I'm bored! That's when I have to tell myself to get UP and do SOMETHING! It's so hard though sometimes.
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    I can be like that too. People will say snack on carrots or something like that but it's not the same. I used to eat a big bowl of buttered popcorn at night while watching TV. To stop this I stopped buying the popcorn and I found other things to do while watching TV. Sometimes I'm on the computer (like now) or I do word search puzzles. You just need to find something to break the habit and just stop buying that stuff.
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    I totally know how you feel. I was on my way to my sitster's last weekend and my car broke down. It was drivable but it wasn't good. I wanted to stop at every mc donalds and wendys I saw. The good thing was I didn't but I do eat when I am stressed and bored. Just try to pick healthy things and think about how hard you work to get it off. We all cave sometimes though and thats just how it goes. Just keep going and never give up.
  • summerbreeze76
    summerbreeze76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    YEP i totally understand. I had a pretty good day with my eating. Fast forward to my commute home for work, thought hubby was getting the kid, he couldnt, there was no way i was going to make it on time, couldnt get in touch with the neighbors or the afterschool program and traffic was bumper to bumper. When i finally made it home i changed into my workout clothes and things just kept happening, almost like it was not meant for me to workout today (this is why i hate working out at home, especially in the evening) so I said screw it, walked up the stairs had some chips and 6 oreos. There goes my good day :-(
  • idahoprincess72
    idahoprincess72 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Depressed & bored eater here. I wander through the kitchen and browse the fridge/cupboards every 30 minutes or so. Since I don't buy my favorite naughty snacks, there's nothing for me to eat. I end up drinking more water instead. It's frustrating, but I'm trying to break myself of the snicky snack habit.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered that I am an anxious eater - although it usually correlates with school or work. I always need to have a plan, and if I have one, great! If I don't... I'm anxious... and I eat.
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    def im in the same boat everytime im stressed i just want to eat its so bad!!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Oh heck ya! Stress is the number one trigger for me. I could eat even if I just finished a meal. And when I'm stressed, I can't stop eating. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm binging. But definitely compulsive at times.
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    A) I've seen a suggestion that you keep your hands busy by taking up video games, knitting and so forth.

B) I've noticed that if I eat "just a bite" of simple sugars/carbs, I end up in a munchy loop. I try the good fat and protein like with almonds followed by something high fiber like whole wheat bread.