Food Prep

Options
Hey guys! After being a stay at home mom for the last 7 years it's time to get back to work. Any suggestions on meal prepping for quick breakfasts and take to work lunches? I'd like to, if possible, prep my week in one day. Also, family dinner ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I prepare the whole week at once, including dinners and usually set aside "leftovers" for lunch. Other times I'll have tuna/mayo/boiled egg with a few crackers or a salad with bacon and chicken. Premade English muffin sandwiches are easy to heat up for breakfast...overnight oats are one of my husband's favorites.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of hard boiled eggs for breakfast. I also do overnight oat (sometimes with greek yogurt mixed in.) I find that if you put some sort of sauce (like salsa, red sauce, etc.) over scrambled eggs, they reheat nicely so I can do breakfast egg bowls with like bell peppers and onions, maybe some potatoes, and salsa or like spinach, eggs and red sauce. Lunches I do all sorts of things. I like chicken sausage over onions and peppers, salads with a protein. I also really like veggies with a protein (sausage, chicken, etc.) smothered in red sauce. You can pretty much do any leftover, for lunch or just make a big batch of something on Sunday and eat it all week. Now that it is getting cold, it might be time for some chili!

I really like the website budget bytes. Not everything is healthy, but it's reasonable and cheap.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Any veggie-packed crockpot meal or casserole! I do all my meal prep sunday nights. I prep both lunch and dinner because by the time I get home from the gym after work I'm usually too hungry so then whoops I end up eating half a box of Triscuits while I try to cook something, so it helps to have something ready to reheat.