Didn't eat today

Options
I've always found when I get really into counting my calories and watching what I eat that my appetite shrinks to near nothing. I've gone days without eating before, other than drinking my protein shakes, just because I'm not hungry and I'm so busy with work and what not that I forget to eat. Does anyone else have this problem??

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Can't say I've ever had this problem or forgotten to eat.. My grumbling stomach would be a constant reminder.
  • Britt614
    Britt614 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you aliem! I usually will end up making myself eat something, even if it's just scrambled eggs and fruit. I know that I need to eat I just find it hard to sometimes when I don't have an appetite and am going straight from work (usually working overtime and skipping a break for overtime) to going to the gym to going home and going to bed.
  • Britt614
    Options
    To answer your earlier question, I generally average just under 1,000 calories
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi :) It helps if you pre plan your meals with a decent amount to eat in all of them. You can pack lunch and snacks etc. Make eating enough a priority.

Why are you counting calories at the moment?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    What are your stats (height/weight)? Is that a current photo? 1000 is more than likely way too low
  • Britt614
    Options
    That picture is from September. I'm 5'10" and 159 lbs. I started at 234 lbs a little over a year and a half ago with my original goal being 140 lbs so I still would like to try to lose the 19 lbs.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Britt614 wrote: »
    That picture is from September. I'm 5'10" and 159 lbs. I started at 234 lbs a little over a year and a half ago with my original goal being 140 lbs so I still would like to try to lose the 19 lbs.

You don't have a huge amount to lose and you're at a healthy weight so you really should be eating all your calories (and planning on eating a decent amount of calories as it is, especially as you are quite tall).

I say make sure your calorie goal is big enough, then pre plan meals and snacks that meet that goal. Pack snacks and meals to take with you when you go out. Eat your calories even if you don't feel hungry, as they provide your body with the nutrients you need to look good, be healthy, and keep going.

You need to put yourself and your health first, otherwise you risk serious complications from malnutrition in addition to energy loss, lack of concentration etc (which could impact your ability to do well in your career and in life generally).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    • Increase your calories to a more reasonable amount. 1000 is far too low.
    • Pre-log your day, every morning or the night before.
    • Follow your diary plan everyday.
    • You will still lose weight if you up your calories and you will have more energy for your work days and gym workouts.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I agree that planning ahead when you aren't so busy or stressed would be a good way to go.
    Make sure you have food you can easily grab or prepare - preferably including some calorie dense (ish) stuff like nuts, peanut butter and crackers, avocado on toast. Or buy ready meals if you like them so you can have dinner without much effort - I'm not a big fan of them, but they are definitely better than not eating.
    Set alarms on your phone for three or more meals a day and if you just can't take time or energy to eat a full meal, at least have a nutritious snack.
    If this continues for a while, I suggest you seek medical advice to ensure that you stay healthy.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Britt614 wrote: »

From your pic you look pretty skinny as is hun, less your sucking your stomach in. You look like me in the mirror body wise
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Nope could never forget to eat! 1000 calories of pretty low. Try packing some snacks that you can carry with you and snack throughout the day.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. This discussion is welcome to continue in groups.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.