The worst food in america

Options
1. The Worst Food in America
Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing

2,900 calories
182 g fat
240 g carbs

This weapon of mass construction is the caloric equivalent of eating 14 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, before your dinner arrives. Even if you split this "starter" with 3 friends, you'll have downed a meal's worth of calories.

Super Substitution: Both the Seared Ahi and the Shrimp on the Barbie offer a big dose of protein, which helps diminish hunger without putting you into calorie overload.

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/20-Worst-Foods/1_The_Worst_Food_in_America.php

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    1. The Worst Food in America
    Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing

2,900 calories
    182 g fat
    240 g carbs

This weapon of mass construction is the caloric equivalent of eating 14 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, before your dinner arrives. Even if you split this "starter" with 3 friends, you'll have downed a meal's worth of calories.

Super Substitution: Both the Seared Ahi and the Shrimp on the Barbie offer a big dose of protein, which helps diminish hunger without putting you into calorie overload.

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/20-Worst-Foods/1_The_Worst_Food_in_America.php
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    2,900 calories...can this actually be eaten by humans in one meal?
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    Another one..

Chili's Awesome Blossom

2,710 calories
    203 g fat
    194 g carbs
    6,360 mg sodium

It takes a special talent to turn a single oversized onion into the fat equivalent of 67 slices of bacon, but the line cooks at Chili's manage this horrific feat with the help of a thick batter, a calorie-loaded dipping sauce, and a vat of bubbling fat.

Sidestep the Calorie Surge: Order a few skewers of lean Garlic & Lime Grilled Shrimp from the sides menu. It's one of the decent ways to start a meal at Chili's.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    What is the purpose of the ranch dressing? Why would you want to dip a cheesy onion in ranch dressing? I don't understand. Why would you put ranch dressing on chilli cheese fries. I saw my niece do that and way absolutely horrified.
    Another one..

Chili's Awesome Blossom

2,710 calories
    203 g fat
    194 g carbs
    6,360 mg sodium

It takes a special talent to turn a single oversized onion into the fat equivalent of 67 slices of bacon, but the line cooks at Chili's manage this horrific feat with the help of a thick batter, a calorie-loaded dipping sauce, and a vat of bubbling fat.

Sidestep the Calorie Surge: Order a few skewers of lean Garlic & Lime Grilled Shrimp from the sides menu. It's one of the decent ways to start a meal at Chili's.
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Yuck. When I'm looking at trying to limit myself to 30 to 50 grams of fat in one day, I can't imagine eating 200 grams of fat in one sitting! How disgusting!
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    What is the purpose of the ranch dressing? Why would you want to dip a cheesy onion in ranch dressing? I don't understand. Why would you put ranch dressing on chilli cheese fries. I saw my niece do that and way absolutely horrified.
    Another one..

Chili's Awesome Blossom

2,710 calories
    203 g fat
    194 g carbs
    6,360 mg sodium

I eat ranch on EVERYTHING! It doesnt matter what it is! Yummmy. I am trying to avoid it because of the extra calories.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Another one..

Chili's Awesome Blossom

2,710 calories
    203 g fat
    194 g carbs
    6,360 mg sodium

I love ranch dressing. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
  • cheri822
    cheri822 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know a FEW people who can eat the Outback Cheese Fries in one sitting, then go onto the outback special 9oz steak, with a loaded baked potato and the baked potato soup before the meal.
  • MelanieJMiller
    Options
    This is hilarious! Even my no-body-fat husband was rolling in the floor laughing. Ah, weight watcher humor!
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I USED TO love the awesome blossom :( I'll know to pick something else. Although, deep down I knew it already :)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I know a FEW people who can eat the Outback Cheese Fries in one sitting, then go onto the outback special 9oz steak, with a loaded baked potato and the baked potato soup before the meal.

Ok, those folks need to start entering those eating contests. I am a foodie, but I think I would even be done in by the Cheese Fries...:laugh:
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    2,900 calories...can this actually be eaten by humans in one meal?

Scary thought # 201... My husband and I used to eat an order of those between the 2 of them and then eat an 11oz steak and a loaded baked potato! Not to mention the salad and pumpernickel bread.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Dear God, that is alot of calories. Whew. That should be illegal. I will certainly think twice before I EVER put another cheese fry in my mouth!
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I eat ranch on everything too ESPECIALLY red robin french fries. I could totally eat that all over like 4 hrs and if i had already planned on screwing up my day!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    I eat ranch on everything too ESPECIALLY red robin french fries. I could totally eat that all over like 4 hrs and if i had already planned on screwing up my day!

yeah, except 3000 extra (yes, three THOUSAND) calories is a whole WEEK's worth of "cheat days". That defeats your entire week of 500 calorie deficits. :frown:
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking oh thank God we dont have outback steakhouse in the UK as this removes all temptation...
    But I've checked and we have three in the whole country...one of which is just down the bloody road from my house!

That knowledge may haunt me...
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I USED TO love the awesome blossom :( I'll know to pick something else. Although, deep down I knew it already :)

I still do!!!!!!!!!!! :) Havent had one in a long time though!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :tongue: