I hurt my leg!! (insert sad face)

Options
Two night ago I woke up and my knee was in horrible pain. I bent it and it popped with shooting pain. I figured it may have been a fluke. I got to work and started climbing the ladder to go up a telephone pole and each step up was painful.

Last night was much much worse. I woke up in pain, bent my leg, knee popped and it was sharp pain for a good 5 minutes. I just spent 10 minutes icing it so hopefully it gets more bare able. Looks like I'm not running for a little bit.

Replies

• CaeTroi
    CaeTroi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :( I would get that checked out immediately!! Especially with the popping and pain, I would have it checked to make sure it wasn't a soft tissue injury. I understand the frustration with knee pain and running. I have runner's knee in my left knee and probably my right, but was too cheap to get the right x-rayed. Keep your hopes up!
  • pageohana6
    pageohana6 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I once stepped off a curb and my knee went pop and hurt so bad I could barely walk right after. I also had osteoarthritis in my knee so it hurt to walk regardless. Needless to say I thought it was associated with my arthritis and X-rays showed nothing out of the ordinary. A year later, while it still hurt on/off I finally had a MRI. I had a torn miniscus. That was the pop sound I heard. I had arthroscopic surgery to fix it, but that was a fail as with my arthritis I needed a partial knee replacement. Point is I'd get it checked out. If they see nothing on X-ray and it still hurting demand a MRI. Good luck.
  • Slightly_Amusing
    Slightly_Amusing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks both of you. I plan on going to the VA next week and seeing what's up. Until then my cardio consists of walking as I refuse to pay for a gym membership and need fresh air.