New here, have about 40 pounds to lose

Options
Hello fitness pals! I'm new to this site but I've been losing weight since January when I had my baby girl. I started at 235 (heaviest weight at the end of my pregnancy), and since giving birth I've been shedding pounds quickly. I am now 184, but I am aiming for 145 overall. I'm looking forward to making some friends here and sharing and receiving support in the weight loss journey.

I am also beginning training for a triathlon with my husband (my first!) that will take place in October, so anyone who has the same goal or has finished one before, I would love some advice or encouragement from you!

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the weightloss so far, it sounds like you are doing well and have a great goal in sight. Keep up what you are doing, you'll like it here.
  • 145angela
    145angela Posts: 3
    Options
    That is great! I also want to get to 145 Im at 170 now. I started Slim 6 and so far I its working. I run every other day and I love it. I am thinking of doing 1/2 a marathon. Im startinf slow lol!!!!

Take care!

Me
  • AmandaB2229
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Sounds like you've been doing a great job with the weight loss! I've lost 73 so far and it's been a hell of a battle. I just started running myself and ran my first 5K in May and am running 2 more races in the fall...1 is a 5K and 1 is a 7.5K...I'm FAR from a marathon yet...something to strive for though I suppose! Best of luck with everything!
  • Prettyblak
    Options
    WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Cute baby! I'm sure running after her will help you burn the last pounds off! You can add me as a friend! Glad you joined and good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • momof2kiddos
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! I am here for encouragement! Add me if you like! I am also on my weight loss journey--trying to lose about 40lbs!
  • ampott02
    ampott02 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also have about 40 pounds to lose. I've done four minimarathons and I would LOVE to eventually do a triathlon! Good luck to you! YOU CAN DO IT! You came to the right place! :)
  • 145angela
    Options
    Hi! How was ur triathlon.
  • 145angela
    Options
    Hi! Just see how u r doing? Did u run ur marathons? Keep me posted