Options
jeka17hughes
jeka17hughes Posts: 1 Member
I'm 5 foot 4 inches and I'm 185 pounds. I'm tired of being in this body

Replies

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Only you can get out of that body and into the one you want. It is a long process. I always imagine it like I'm wearing a fat suit with a stuck zipper. Sometimes it moves down, sometimes its stuck and sometimes it moves up so you can move it down again. It is up to you whether you keep on struggling with it or give up and stay in the fat suit.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Ok, so buy a food scale and stick with logging. I wasn't thrilled 115lbs ago, either. So I fixed it.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" too. I started MFP on 4/1/2016 at 182lbs - just about the same as you jeka17. Eight months later (today to be exact) I have lost 31 lbs - weighing in this morning at 151 lbs. Eight months may seem like an eternity - but to be honest - it has flown by. Each person has their own tipping point - that moment when the desire to be fit, feel good, be healthy, or look good in clothes outweighs the need and desire to overeat.

When you reach that point - you will begin...

• katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 273.6lbs. You might want to change what you have, but you need to learn a little self love to really be happy. If you can't love yourself, you will never be happy with yourself, no matter what you weigh.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I was 5'2, and 178 lbs a few years ago ...I've lost 47 pounds as of yesterday (actually lost more than that, but just regained 7!!)

So are you making today the day everything changes for you too? You're in the right place for a fresh start!!!!

Get yourself set up on MFP, put in your stats...go get a digital food scale and learn to weight and log your food, which eventually becomes like second nature. If you are able, start moving your body.....as often as you can, even little seemingly inconsequential things can add up to activity. YOU CAN do this if you put your mind to it, and do the work needed to get it done.

Good luck to you! xo
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    We're all here because at some point in life we decided enough was enough. After my third child was born, depression hit me like a brick wall. I comforted myself with food. By the time I had the nerve to step on the scale I was floored to see I was 207. (I'm 5"3). Hated the way I looked, hated the way I felt and hated the way I thought everyone was looking down on me for my weight. I decided for myself that I was worth the effort that needed to be made. I deserved to be happy, healthy and content with myself. For myself. It's been a long hard road, some detours and some missteps were made but I weighed in at 127 this morning. Im still a work in progress, always will be but I'm content to put the effort into myself. You are too. Believe that if you believe nothing else. Good luck!

127 ? You Rock.

Verrry nice effort.

.... don't get cocky.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    You have to make the choice. Then you have to do the work to get where you want to be. Exercise, eat nutritional foods, moderate sweets, log honestly, make your everyday life a little more active and health conscious (mentally and physically) and then keep going! It will happen. Not overnight, not in one month, but it will happen.

Pretty much this.

Also, be prepared to stumble; everyone does.

If you fall, stand back up.