Fighting the Battle of the Bulge!

Hello everyone!
I wanted to formally say hello to all you Internet strangers who are also on the path to health and fitness. A little about me and why I am here. I used to be always in shape until I turned 25, then I started to gain weight pretty quickly (lifestyle, desk job, you get the pic). At my worst I was 65 pounds overweight and not very happy. Last year I kicked butt and lost 45 pounds with diet and exercise for my wedding. I was so close to my ideal weight, only 15-20 pounds to go..... But since Oct I have gained back 33 pounds. Bleh. I stopped exercising and watching what I ate and the weight crept back. Honestly it kinda was like a ninja that took me by suprise because I did not see it coming... It just slam, bam, thank you ma'm showed up again.

Soooo anyway, no use for regrets! I am here trying this out based on the recommendation of a friend. I am looking not only to loose weight (not gonna lie that's priority number one and I have often fantasized about what I would give up if a genie *puff* came out of nowhere and gave the the chance to get the same body I had at 25... one can dream) but I digress... My goal is to get in shape and have a healthy life. I don't want to play this yoyo game ever again. I did it once and I KNOW I can do it again. Send me good vibes and wishes, as I join the army of fabouls people fighting The Battle of the Bulge.
Best of luck to all,
IDSharper

Replies

• triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    You have come to the right place! Sending you good vibes and wishes to a healthier you. If you need additional support, feel free to add me as a friend. :o)
  • Michelle_H
    Michelle_H Posts: 24
    Good for you for not letting it get as far as 65 pounds again. I have every faith in you. The food diary works really well for me but ya gotta be honest with it otherwise you start to wonder why the weight isn't coming off. At least if you do the diary and do it well, you can see if any mistakes have been made. Good vibes going you way. xx
  • lhouchin
    lhouchin Posts: 3
    I just started with this site as well, and I'm so glad to find so many people with stories like mine! We can do this!!! Good luck on your journey, and I look forward to hearing about your success!
  • IDsharper
    IDsharper Posts: 2
    Thanks ya'll :)
  • HankFit247
    HankFit247 Posts: 139
    Welcome!

We're all here to provide assistance and support. Just let me know how I can be of personal assistance.

Hank