Calorie Goals vs. Hunger

I was wondering how close you should ideally be to your calorie goal in order to still be healthy and lose weight. I rarely ever even approach my goal because I'm simply not hungry. I don't know if this is a bad thing so please shed some insight lol

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    If you want to eat more, here are some suggestions:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    olives
    honey
    molasses

• madameclaudy
    madameclaudy Posts: 5 Member
    I suggest staying pretty close to your calorie goal and not eating too little. If you keep doing that your body is going to get used to less calories while you could lose weight eating more. Eating more and losing the same is better right? If you're not hungry just eat something that ups your calories fast. Like avocado for example.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I don't know how long you have been in this situation, but novelty tends to wear off, and hunger to catch up with you. And when it catches up, it really does. It could also be a logging issue. Are you losing weight faster than you expected/wanted? If so, eat more. You don't have to eat anything particular. You can eat more of what you used to eat. If you are afraid to eat more, you have to work on your thoughts and emotions. If you aren't losing too fast, you may want to tighten up your logging.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    What is your calorie goal and how many calories are you eating? Are you logging accurately?