How long before you noticed

Options
How long did it take for you to feel that you was starting to lose weight?

Replies

• mklcrt
    mklcrt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2 months!
  • sanaalsama
    sanaalsama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1 week
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    About a month
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm down 50 lbs and it just depends on the day.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Immediately on the scale- seeing numbers go down. Took about 2 or 3 months and 10 pounds before I felt different looking in the mirror and other people started to notice.

It will be different for everyone though.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Took almost 3 months before anyone noticed. But I saw it after 2nd month of watching scale.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    ashcky wrote: »
    I'm down 50 lbs and it just depends on the day.

This. Still have a lot to lose and that tends to be in my mind more than I've lost.

But only recently (down 40) have people commented. And, while pants got looser, it was only recently I put the bigger ones away.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Eh. Still not sure iv seen much. My back i noticed slimming down though about 30-40 pounds down. Some days i feel fatter thn when i started :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    How long did it take for you to feel that you was starting to lose weight?

What do you mean by "feel" like you're losing weight. Losing weight isn't really a feelz thing...you see it on the scale or you don't.

I can usually see a solid trend after about 2-3 weeks.
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i have quite a bit to lose, but i started to feel it around the 30 pound mark. i'm down about 50 now, and i agree that some days now i feel bigger than when i first started. just depends on the day.
  • pedermj2002
    pedermj2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For me, it took a long time (about 3-4 months), but the first 2 months I wasn't actually counting calories. I was just trying to add some exercise in without changing anything else. Then one day I decided to try counting, and saw how crazy my food intake was. It was about 1 month after that that I could look in the mirror and think I saw a difference, and the photos I was taking showed it clearly.

Now, for me, I can easily see the difference, and I'm about 5.5 months in. I've got pants that I can put a hand between my body and waistband, sideways, and not be touching anything (and that were just comfy back in August). If I look down my body while standing up, I can see the front of my legs, while back in August I would only the ends of my feet.

I'm not as extreme as some are. When I started, I was at 6 foot, 270lbs. Depending on your starting point, it may be much longer before you really feel like you're losing weight, especially if you use those same non-scale-victories I described last paragraph. Just pay attention to your body, and you'll see it as it happens. And it's one of the most amazing things you've ever felt, I can say that for sure :)
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I've lost close to 10 lbs in the last five weeks and I could immediately see a difference. I think some of it was I increased my water intake and decreased my sodium intake so at first I think it was just less water weight that I saw in the mirror. Now my clothes are becoming noticeably looser. But I am only 5'5 so ten pounds is a good bit for my frame.