Seeking other women - 30s - no kids - 40+ lbs to lose - must love cats

Options
Hello! I am new here, but eager to to find some accountability partners, motivation buddies, fellow goal setters and other women in their 30s with no kids and 40+ lbs to lose. Oh, and you must love cats.

If you are interested in forming a group of 4-8 of likeminded women, let me know! Please share your age, your general location, how much you want to lose, the names of your cats (or the reason why you don't have cats even though you love them), and a short note about your fitness & nutrition goals.

About me: I am 36, I live in Western NY, I would like to lose about 45 lbs, I am married, I have three cats (Monty, Bender and Noodle) and no kids. In addition to wanting to lose weight, I have three goals: fit into my favorite dresses again, get all nerdy about the science of good nutrition, and make this whole process fun!

So, who wants to join me?

P.S. I realize the cat stuff is goofy, but that's sort of the point.

Replies

• EmmaNemm27
    EmmaNemm27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my first post on any message board of any kind, but you had me at 'must love cats'!
    About me: I'm 30 years old, I'm from Southern Idaho, and I'm here to lose about 100 pounds (!). I am married, and we have 2 cats (Hamburger Gravy, and Princess Diana's Ghost), and one Shiba Inu (Haruko). I'm here because I turned 30, and I realized that my future might be shorter than I had anticipated if I don't do something about my weight.
    Am I in?
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    29, also live in Western New York. Absolutely love cats but really only the chill, hang out kind or the crazy attack kitten kind. I am not a fan of the stare at you and dare you to touch them kind. I do not have cats as I prefer them to use the outdoor bathroom and I live in a small city so wouldn't feel comfortable setting them loose (also ecological implications.) I have a dog-daughter named Brooke who also loves cats.
    I do not have any weight to lose at this time so it looks like I'm out of the running but I totally love geeking out on nutrition science and am seriously considering going back to grad school to be an R.D.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I want to join the cat group! But alas, I have spawned 2 demon children. At least that's what my cat calls them. She wanted to be an only child (cat). Her name is Chewey, but we mostly refer to her as Murderface. She doesn't answer to anything that doesn't begin with Her Majesty Queen and Lord of All.

Wow. My husband was right. I really can't pass up an opportunity to talk about our cat.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hello, im Cassandra! I live in Canada, Alberta with my boyfriend.

I'm only 26 ( closer to 27) but I do not have any human children, I have a fur baby, her name is Winter, she is 9 years old and I have has her since she was about 2 days old. I bottle fed her and she has no idea that she is adopted. I have about 80 more pounds to lose. As for nutritional and fitness goals I'm just working my way through it one day at a time, weighing all my foods and have recently started C25k on the treadmill. Pretty much to going by the seat of my pants and tripping as I go!
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Maryland USA
    No kids, no husband, nuthin' like that
    1 cat
    62 more lbs to lose.
  • haynesha
    haynesha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Baltimore, MD
    Married with two cats - Lucy and BearCat
    Originally had 50-55 lbs to lose, now down to the last 20-25

So, maybe I make the cut? ;)
  • Gots2Bfitter
    Gots2Bfitter Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused why cats are a prerequisite to our friendship
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    63c7a95e526a311b_theater.gif
  • KalamityKaethe
    KalamityKaethe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    29, no cats (due to boyfriend's despicable cat allergy), live in Berlin but am Irish, at least 20 kilos (44 pounds) to lose. I hope you'll have me!!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Bummer. I have two cats, am *almost* 32, have way more than 40 lbs. to lose, but alas, I too have spawned offspring. Not sure why that prevents you from befriending someone.

P.S. My cats (Galaxy and Magellan) were my children long before I ever had a human (hairless) child. :P
  • buccofan1980
    buccofan1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Maria I'm from Pittsburgh PA. I'm 36, I have no children, I'm engaged and I have one cat who I love more than most people, his name is Bucco!

I have a ton of weight to lose over 100 pounds yikes! But I'm 16 pounds down so I have ever a great start!

My goal is to fit on a plane comfortably, ride a roller coaster again, and just be able to get my life back!
  • skandrae
    skandrae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm still technically in my thirties for another 6 months :P

39, live in the Yukon, and have 100 lbs to lose. I have 2 cats - Rodney (aka Old Man Fatpants) 11, and Sif (aka The Sh*tten) 2.5.

My goal is to fit into my parka again - without having to wear the pregnancy extender (I have never been pregnant)
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 35, no kids, and live with my domestic partner (aka practically married). I'm 5'3" and started at 182. Current weight is 172. My goal for now is 140, but I might try to get down to 130 if I get that far. I have three cats--Lucy (who is a big floof and likes to have her picture taken), Annabel aka "Nanners" (who is a slightly skittish but very loving little black cat), and Clementine (who is a really tiny bit very fierce tuxedo cat who was born in a barn).
  • steniej
    steniej Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm only in my 30's for 2 more months, cutting it close! I love this post. Being a never married / kids almost 40 year old woman puts you in a sometimes lonley place. Don't get me wrong, I love kids and married people but a lot of times I feel so out of place since 99% of my friends are married, kids, mommy groups etc. Also when you are looking on the boards it always seems like they all read, Mom's with 50 pounds to lose.

1 awesome long term boyfriend Mark, 1 weird loner feral cat Honey, and a attention *kitten* Chihuahua mix mutt Ellie. 80+ pounds to lose, resigned up for MFP today and hoping to find motivation here. I don't care if you have kids or not, age, race, gender, marital status, you can add me. I will be happy to have you as a friend.

julbmnu7fd9d.png
  • steniej
    steniej Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Haha, just realized that the girl who started this post in November, hasn't been on since November...