Peloton exercise bike riders out there?

Options
Just got my Peloton Bike this week. Anyone else riding on one? Any suggestions on first timer rides etc?

Replies

• Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Try out different instructors, you will find their styles are different and some will be a better fit. Also the seat pain goes away after about 2 weeks!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    helocat wrote: »
    Just got my Peloton Bike this week. Anyone else riding on one? Any suggestions on first timer rides etc?

Let us know how you like it.

I've got a Lemond RevMaster Pro which cost me 1/2 the price of the Pelotron that I'm sure is just as good or better than the Pelotron, as far as the spin bike part is concerned, but it would be nice to get the HD screen and access to their streaming service.

Any rumors that they might offer a retrofit option to mount an HD screen w/access to their streaming service on other spin bikes? Seems like an easy way to expand their market.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Is it compatible with Zwift? A lot of people love Zwift as a way to make indoor cycling more fun and competitive.
  • helocat
    helocat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try out different instructors, you will find their styles are different and some will be a better fit. Also the seat pain goes away after about 2 weeks!

Good call on different instructors. I will hunt around a bit. I actualy plan on ording the same saddle I have on my road bike. (the road bike upside down in the garage with flat tires and lots of dust) I used to ride a lot and plan to get back into it once its warmer outside.

sgt1372 wrote: »
    helocat wrote: »

Let us know how you like it.

I've got a Lemond RevMaster Pro which cost me 1/2 the price of the Pelotron that I'm sure is just as good or better than the Pelotron, as far as the spin bike part is concerned, but it would be nice to get the HD screen and access to their streaming service.

Any rumors that they might offer a retrofit option to mount an HD screen w/access to their streaming service on other spin bikes? Seems like an easy way to expand their market.

For sure. So far I am very impressed with it quality wise. Still need to put some base miles down.

I get it on cost. However keep in mind the majority of the cost is for the real time metrics capture and integration for world wide training. (Yes extra $40 month for their subscription) I like the idea of riding in a group training and using them to push what I am doing. They can see my numbers and I can see theirs. I can also come back and ride the same class as a recording later and the bike will compare my last times performace to that moment. I need the extra push and am competitive so I think it will be a win for me.

You can buy their service w/o the bike for the open classes and on demand (recorded) classes. Its like $15 though iTunes. But there is no metrics in titration or data recording with it, like the bike provides.

The only thing I dont like about the Paloton so far is there is no HDMI or outside video input. So as soon as you stop buying their classes, you now just have a $1k bike that cost $2k .
    Is it compatible with Zwift? A lot of people love Zwift as a way to make indoor cycling more fun and competitive.

No they have it only inside the Paloton group. I looked at Zwift but liked what Paloton had to offer more in the end.

• dpullen74
    dpullen74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had a Peloton bike for just over a year. I've had to literally dust it off in the past couple of weeks, but I'm game for someone to help challenge me, I have the same username dpullen74. Feel free to add me.
  • Humanovation
    Humanovation Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a couple of weeks and just finished my 12th ride ... LOVE IT!
  • slowbubblecar
    slowbubblecar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Do a search on here. There was a thread a few days ago about the bikes and I believe a few people posted on there.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Do a search on here. There was a thread a few days ago about the bikes and I believe a few people posted on there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10496542/peloton-we-regrets-the-purchase#latest

It's like 8 topics down the forum. You can't miss it!