Best/better Fast Food options?

Options

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    My favorites here in the Chicago suburbs: Wendy's chili and grilled chicken sandwich, Zoups cup of soup plus half sandwich, Potbellys flatbread sandwiches, Freshii bowls, Snap Kitchen entrees, Panera broth bowls and salads. Used to like Chipotle but the problems with food poisoning put me off them.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Wendys actually has a side salad thats not bad, Their dressing (i think ranch?) is really low calorie and its yummy. Little value menu burger and a side salad would be about 400 calories

If you get a grilled chicken burger and side salad its around 500 cals and delicious. I think they spritz lemon on the salad so no need for dressing too
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I know packing my lunch would be way better, but sometimes that is not an option in my busy morning.
  • cthakkar1985
    cthakkar1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Culver's triple cheese burg is around 650cals.

Are you sure? Their website says 940 calories.

I think their website includes mayo or its a deluxe version, but I'm not sure. I usually get just with the works (ketchup, must, onion)

According to the nutrition guide they handout in my local stores...

A triple butter burger plain is 591.5 calories
    A triple butter burger cheese is 801 calories.

I stand corrected as I don't usually get cheese when on a cut and it's been a couple months since I bought one. My bad.

No prob, thanks for clarifying.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Check Eathis.com I usually google ex: mcdonalds eat this (great website that gives you the best options)
  • vnb_208
    Options
    Taco Bell - Cantina Power Bowl

Panda Express - Chicken Teriyaki Bowl w/ steamed rice

Chick-Fil-A has grilled nuggets too.

Also ask for protein-style at your local burger joint. Most of them offer that nowadays.

CANTINA POWER BOWL IS CONSIDERED THE 6TH WORST OPTION FOR TACO BELL SPECIALTY MENU
    490 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated), 1,280 mg sodium, 49 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 3 g
    sugars, 29 g protein

Don’t be fooled by this item’s wholesome appearance. It contains as much fat as a McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish or a Burger King Double Cheeseburger.

http://www.eatthis.com/taco-bell-menu-ranked
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »

Also ask for protein-style at your local burger joint. Most of them offer that nowadays.

CANTINA POWER BOWL IS CONSIDERED THE 6TH WORST OPTION FOR TACO BELL SPECIALTY MENU
    490 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated), 1,280 mg sodium, 49 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 3 g
    sugars, 29 g protein

Don’t be fooled by this item’s wholesome appearance. It contains as much fat as a McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish or a Burger King Double Cheeseburger.

That website and author is terrible, IMO. Every time I've seen his recommendations, they're nothing like what you're trying to replace. Don't eat that burger - eat this salad, instead!

And who gives a $#!& about the fat content? 490 Calories, with 29 g of protein? Not too bad, for what is - ostensibly - a meal.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    IT WAS A COPY & PASTE SLOW YOUR HORSES! JEESH!
  • vnb_208
    Options
    btw i love the author and use it anytime i wanna grab some fast food which isnt often
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    IT WAS A COPY & PASTE SLOW YOUR HORSES! JEESH!

I realize you didn't write it, but you did post it. I assumed that was because you agreed with it and wanted us to see it. Do you actually disagree?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Wow, that website is goofy. Food to eat for your penis, cool.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wendy's - Double Stack w/o the bun and a small chili w/sour cream

Qdoba - Steak salad w/o the shell w/ fajita veggies, pico and roja, cheese dip and sour cream

Arby's - Farmhouse Turkey Bacon salad with ranch dressing.

Jersey Mike's - Sub in a Tub

Chili-fil-a. Grilled chicken nuggets.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    A Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger. Or two.
  • avygyaru
    avygyaru Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you actually like salads (or love them like me), Wendy's is winning with the Power Mediterranean Salad. I also like the BBQ Chicken Ranch Salad but without bacon. I think that part is over the top. But yeah, om nom nom
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

sugars, 29 g protein

I fail to see why this is "bad". 490 calories with 19F, 49C, and 29P seems pretty easy to fit into a normal day, IMO.
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bojangles grilled sandwich or roasted bites and dirty rice is one of my favorites. Grilled chicken at KFC and the Cantina stuff at Taco Bell. McDonalds has some decent salads as well.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    This kinda makes me want Taco Bell...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Someone on the forums mentioned they would order a small chili to replace fries with their burger. I love this idea because I really don't like Wendy's fries.