Stuck!

Options
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to this again.

Around June this year, I really got my butt into gear, started eating well and exercising. Somehow, I managed to shed 15lbs in the first month, then slowly another five over the new few months. But now, since August, I have been the exact same weight, and I mean exactly (197.2lbs) every day.
I seem to be stuck at this weight, and over the last week I've been working out like mad, due to now being unemployed, and eating well. Where I wasn't losng weight, I lost my motivation a lot after august time.

Does anyone know what I can do, to kick start my weight loss again? I'm in a bit of a pickle, as I have a disability also which prevents me from really going mad and pumping the irons, unfortunately.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your calorie goal after the initial weight loss? Make sure you are weighing and logging correctly everything you eat. Then keep on doing that, and be patient.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food and logging everything? You must be consuming maintenance calories if your aren't losing.
  • Chazzlette
    Chazzlette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How do I change my calorie intake on here? I tried to figure it out with no luck. I've recently started weighing my portions, generally following the packet size, sometimes a little less.
  • Chazzlette
    Chazzlette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Chazzlette wrote: »
    How do I change my calorie intake on here? I tried to figure it out with no luck. I've recently started weighing my portions, generally following the packet size, sometimes a little less.

Figured it out, woop.

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Chazzlette wrote: »

Don't always trust the packet weight. Trust the scale. Good luck!
  • jacobsailors
    jacobsailors Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Increase your cal intake by 200 to 500. Your bod is smarter than you and has figured out what your trying to do. You have reached the plateau part of your journey. Keep up your active level, adjust your cal and pay more attention to your macros.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, if you aren't losing weight for longer than 4-6 weeks, you are at maintenance. Take a couple of weeks, and commit to using the food scale as much as humanly possible, and logging everything. I bet you'll find you are eating more than you think. I find so many packages that say there are 2 servings, so I take half, but when I weigh out the portions there are actually 3 or 4 servings worth in there! And if you are using measuring cups or spoons, it can be really easy to pack them fuller than the company did when they determined the serving size.

Also be careful of the entries you are using in the database - many are user entered and simply not correct. Double check the ones you use all the time to be sure. Good luck!
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How to u look do you look different could u be burning fat but adding muscle if in the gym lots more, never just go on the scale
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    KWlosingit wrote: »
    If her weight is EXACTLY the same I would say her scale is broken. People do not weight EXACTLY the same for weeks on end.

This is a good point, though to be fair - when most people say I haven't lost any weight, they don't mean the number hasn't changed at all, just that they keep gaining and losing the same 1.5 lbs and returning to the same number. But yes, if every time you get on the scale the number is exactly the same, try a new battery!
  • Woodmouse1
    Woodmouse1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I suggest you look at the 5:2 Fast diet. It will kick off new weight loss and have a lot of real health benefits
  • crizz69
    crizz69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is normal to hit a wall and feel like you have plateaued. The first few weeks are the easiest, in terms of losing weight, because we experience a rapid drop in weight. Its extremely important to count your calories and log everything, and I mean everything you eat and your work outs. Normally consuming fewer calories and working out can actually slow your matobolism, however a few weeks of being consistent in logging, exercise, paying attention to your macros and eating within your calories should jump start the process again. You don't always want to eat less than what is recommended as that can cause your body to hold desperately onto that fat we are trying to shed. Have you tried switching up your workouts? Heavier weights, super sets? You body will adapt to any exercise so it's good to change it up. Consistency and paying attention to you calorie deficit is key.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Increase your cal intake by 200 to 500. Your bod is smarter than you and has figured out what your trying to do. You have reached the plateau part of your journey. Keep up your active level, adjust your cal and pay more attention to your macros.

No. Just no.