Shakeology Question

Options
arbellas
arbellas Posts: 40 Member
Hi all,

I was wondering what people thought of shakeology? How does it taste, how do you like it, why do you like it, do you feel it helps with your weightloss? And any other things you want to say about it.

I would really prefer to not hear from Beach Body Coaches. And if you are one and you comment please let me know and please do not try to sell me the products (my boyfriends sister sells them, so if I'm going to buy from somebody it would be her).

Thanks for you help! I really appreciate it :)

Replies

• xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    personally i dont like them. I tried it but didnt like it and came to the conclusion that yes it may help me lose weight and get to my goal, but if i just eat healthy etc i will still get there and have learnt a lot on the way and therefor maintenence is easy. Where as if i use shakes, when i go into maintenence it hasnt really tought me anything. Where as eating healthy food to get to my goal i have learnt portion sizes , calories etc. I know they may work for others but for me id rather make it a whole lifestyle change :)
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like the taste, just not the cost..I instead use GNC's Amp60, which I only use a third of the serving that still gives me 20g of protein..I usually mix it with 1 cup of almond milk, 2 Tbsp of PB2(powdered peanut butter, only 45 cals), half a banana & a little ice in a blender. It's my breakfast and holds me over for a few hours..
  • mariedingle
    Options
    I will be finding out how they taste next week as I'm going to my sons house for a week and they love them!! I'm pretty excited about trying them. They add fruit and veggies to them alot of times. This probably really didn't help you out but I've heard positive things about them.
  • asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am NOT a beachbody coach......
    I LOVE the taste of the cholcolate, it is actually the only one I have had, I add strawberries to it with ice and blend, it is an awesome treat.
    Now today I had a tough time getting my calories in so I added a scoop of vanilla whey, super yummy.
    You get ALOT of nutrients and it is very filling.

the HUGE negative is the COST....I just couldnt swing the regular deliveries.....I wish I could....So I truley cherish it when I use it.
    I hope that helps.
    AMY
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    My thought or feeling is that Shakeology seems like a get-trim-quick scheme. Sure anyone can lose weight if all they're doing is sipping "diet" shakes all day. But what about when you reach your goal weight? Do you have to spend the rest of your life drinking the shakes to maintain your new weight? I don't see why a person can't put forth the energy into buying FRESH produce and creating a more filling and mentally, physically and emotionally satisfying meal. I pay attention to what I'm buying, how I'm preparing it and it doesn't involve any pills/shakes/pre-portioned frozen meal. I am losing weight and toning well. That way when I reach my goal weight, I already KNOW how to eat properly and I can work on maintaining my weight by adjusting the portion size of the whole real foods I so enjoy. Plus, I cook with my kids and husband and it's so satisfying for us to sit down to something we ALL created and are now enjoying together. Mommy's not in the corner of the table sipping some measly frozen beverage.
  • fit_twin
    fit_twin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the original shakeology (as a chocolate lover, I hate the chocolate shakeology, the taste is ok but the texture is different- not good).

I always think having options is wonderful and the shakeology is an excellent one. It has so many fruits and veggies and can be used as a meal replacement. Not sure if it has helped with my weightloss but it certainly has improved my overall health.

The price is worth it. You won't find its equivalent at GNC.

I say try it out. Good luck!

Carmelle
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    If your boyfriend's sister is a Beachbody coach then I would suggest that you ask her for the Shakeology DVD to watch. It gives you a lot of the nutritional facts about the product. Or she can give you the Shakeology tri-fold that will be a quick reference. Better yet, ask her for samples of the Chocolate and Greenberry flavors. After that, you can go to her Shakeology web-site and order it from her.
  • arbellas
    Options
    My thought or feeling is that Shakeology seems like a get-trim-quick scheme. Sure anyone can lose weight if all they're doing is sipping "diet" shakes all day. But what about when you reach your goal weight? Do you have to spend the rest of your life drinking the shakes to maintain your new weight? I don't see why a person can't put forth the energy into buying FRESH produce and creating a more filling and mentally, physically and emotionally satisfying meal. I pay attention to what I'm buying, how I'm preparing it and it doesn't involve any pills/shakes/pre-portioned frozen meal. I am losing weight and toning well. That way when I reach my goal weight, I already KNOW how to eat properly and I can work on maintaining my weight by adjusting the portion size of the whole real foods I so enjoy. Plus, I cook with my kids and husband and it's so satisfying for us to sit down to something we ALL created and are now enjoying together. Mommy's not in the corner of the table sipping some measly frozen beverage.

I'm not using it as a "get trim quick scheme". And by no means am I going to be sitting in the corner "sipping some measly frozen beverage". I was looking to incorporate it into my normal healthy eating routine. It has a lot of vitamins and good things in it and I thought it could be a good addition to my diet. Just like people add protein powders to their diet to help boost their protein intake and build more muscle.

You have no idea how I'm eating otherwise, so please don't jump down my throat just because I'm asking a reasonable question.
  • arbellas
    Options
    If your boyfriend's sister is a Beachbody coach then I would suggest that you ask her for the Shakeology DVD to watch. It gives you a lot of the nutritional facts about the product. Or she can give you the Shakeology tri-fold that will be a quick reference. Better yet, ask her for samples of the Chocolate and Greenberry flavors. After that, you can go to her Shakeology web-site and order it from her.

She's sending me a sample and I watched all the videos online.
  • shantie10
    shantie10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have had the Green one ..not sure on the name ....IT SMELLED AWEFUL!
    I have also tried the Jillian Micheals ..again did not like it
    I have been buying the Herbalife ones and I LOVE THEM ...HUBBY LOVES THEM and even my 8 and 6 yr old..:) I make them into smoothis with ice cubes and frozen fruits