Anyone else suffer from bipolar?

Options
I was just wondering if there's anyone else out there who also suffers from bipolar disorder and find it affects their eating and training habbits?

I have been incredibly fit for years but after some recent health problems and new medications interacted with my bipolar I developed this new facet of my manic periods where I would eat a lot of unhealthy foods and not remember them, even foods that, as a lifelong vegan, were full of meat! It made me really depressed and Im just getting things settled after my doctor finally allowed me to change things to help, but I feel a bit alone. Has anyone else had something similar happen, or even just finds their eating habits or training are affected by their bipolar? Would love to find some other people so we can support each other on this journey

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I am also BP1.

Currently losing weight gained on a run of atypical antipsychotics (aripiprazole, risperidone, quietapine and olanzapine) as adjuncts to my lithium at different times over the last few years due to persistent psychotic symptoms cumulating in a prolonged mixed mania and hospitalisation..

Over the last year I have been back on lithium monotherapy as I am no longer happy with the health risk vs benefit balance of antipsychotics for me as maintenance therapy.

Lithium is wrecking my thyroid and weight loss has been hard. Finally making progress.

I'm pretending the weight loss is not just my usual hypomanic pattern.

Add me :)
  • theafrotech
    theafrotech Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 52 yrs old and just got officially diagnosed with BP2 a month and a half ago. Once diagnosed and prescribed medication, the affects are appetite loss to the tune of 25 pound weight loss over the month and a half. The results of the medication have been promising also in actotal cjamge on mu doet to the time of eliminating sugary drinks, bread and a major reduction in red meats. I have found my moods have gotten mich better and my concentration os on point. For years, i felt like my TV was on, but i had no signal, just noise. Now i feel like the signal is clear, and i can actually see the future.

I don't ever want rhis feeling to change.
  • Ckeymom
    Ckeymom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm currently being evaluated for BP. I'm on seroquel, and so far it seems to be helping. I've lost over 70 pounds, and I've still got 14 to go, but my weight loss has slowed down significantly. I honestly think if I gain weight, it will send me into a tailspin. My dad was BP, and I assumed since I'm 42, I had avoided it. Apparently not.