What do you do when craving hits you??

Options
When craving hits and I've got to have it... How can I stop?... Or is it better to eat just a little?? Confused? Won't cheat meals ruin the whole diet??

Replies

• kylesbacon
    kylesbacon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth when I get cravings. Or sugar free mints. Works a charm.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Craving for what? Food, sex, cardio?
  • VirtualMellie
    VirtualMellie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I make a small smoothie from frozen fruit and low fat yogurt, then I eat it with a spoon so my brain goes " okay you ate" I also drink lots of water and sometimes will eat small bowl of soup between meals or after even after a low calorie meal just to fill me up. Regardless, as long as your within your calorie deficit you should be fine.. but those cheat meals although as tempting as easy as they are can take up a big chunk of your calorie goal. It's hard, but worth it!! :)
  • freedomofnow
    freedomofnow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If I had exercised that day I usually have something along the lines of peanut butter + banana. Or as @kylesbacon said sugar free mint really does work wonders. That + water and I can go to bed. It's a little strange how cravings usually hit me at night when I'm in a more rested state, doesn't seem to be related to sustenance at all.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    It depends on what it is that I'm craving. If I'm craving a steak for instance, I go buy one and eat it. If I'm craving cookies I sometimes will have a Fibre One bar, but more often I ignore the craving. Cravings for sweet things can be a warning sign for me. Binge ahead. If I'm going to indulge in a piece of cake for instance, I need to be mentally prepared for the "I want more" feelings that so often come with it.
  • brisingr1094
    brisingr1094 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips :smile: I think I will try the mint thing :smiley: Always feels like brushing the teeth is a signal to my brain to eat no more.. I never feel hungry at night.. hmmm
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Craving for chocolate have dark chocolate then your brain gets the cocoa kick it wants but you are less likely to eat the whole bar
  • HMD112
    HMD112 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chewing gum if im out or protein cake in a mug!
    Recipe:
    Add 50g of powder to your mug of choice.
    Add 60/70ml water or milk to the powder and mix to a paste
    - Add half a teaspoon of baking powder
    Microwave on 800watts (or similar) for 40 - 50 seconds, until the cake rises.
    Leave to stand for 30 seconds,
  • brisingr1094
    brisingr1094 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow.. thanks.. definite try. :)
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I check in on how I'm feeling sometimes our cravings are linked energetically what we are really desiring
  • 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello, or gum/brushing teeth.
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Best tip I ever got and it helped me many times. If I get a craving for something that does not fit in with my goal to lose weight- I write down permission to eat whatever it is if I still want to BUT I have to wait 20 minutes. 99.999 percent of the time - by waiting you never follow through and eat it. I just throw the note away. The idea behind this is called "first thought wrong".
  • tazroni
    tazroni Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Depending on what I have had throughout the day already. If I have calories left over I will mix up a chocolate vega one smoothie. I have two kinds, one has 6 greens, 50% of your intake of vitamins, 20 G protein, omega's and is 10 calories OR the second one is 130 calories and the one I usually reach for with 3 servings of greens, 25% vitamin intake, 20 G protein and omega's. I find the 130 calorie drink satisfies my craving and this one is a lighter chocolate drink. Its like drinking nestle quick with skim milk but I mix it with water.