Need snack ideas

Options
I seem to be hungry all the time right now, could it be the word 'diet'. Once in a while I'd like to feel full without being full of calories. What's your snack ideas, somethings that satisfies without high calories?

Replies

• XTurkishMamiX
    XTurkishMamiX Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    the special k sour cream and onion chips u can have 27 of them ani think its 100 calories, the special k stuff is actually pretty good, i have their crackers i think 24 of them is 100 calories and they are really tasty and u could get a low fat or fat free cheese to add to the crackers....at night time i like a sweet so i got the snickers 90 calorie ice cream bars and i have one with a huge glass of ice water at night, last night i had tons of calories left over and well 1 just didnt do it for me so i had 2 haha.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you consider high calories. Some consider a 250 cal dessert small while I just shake my head. It varies.
    My go to snack lately is 125 cals...1/2 of a soft tortilla with 1 tbs. of peanut butter. My diary is open if you want the exact brands I use. Works for me and I'm not left feeling hungry. :)
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is good because it is high in protein so you stay full longer
    .5c. cottage cheese with .5c blueberries
    apple with one ounce cheese
    12 almonds
    natural peanut butter and celery
    .5 c orange juice .5c h2o and a scoop of vanilla protein powder, taste like an orange julius
    2 Tbs humus with veggies
  • schiesm
    schiesm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nabisco new snack wells brownie bites with vanilla creme 150 cal 50 from fat.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I wrote a blog post a while ago. I was getting lots of requests! So here's the link!

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/snack-time.html
  • sarah829522
    sarah829522 Posts: 139
    Options
    Vita Wheat Crackers (you get 4 large crackers for 87 cals and 14g carb) and a Laughing Cow 35 cal cheese wedge. Can substitute celery sticks for the crackers.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have two Finn Crisp crackers (40 calories, they are long and filling) and spread 1/2 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco Chipotle on each cracker. Total snack calories is 75, and it is SUPER yummy.
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    You probably ARE hungry! I have 4 kids - they snack all the time. Actually I now think 'Snacking' is for kids. Try eating a good meal a couple times a day, especially early to fuel up. don;t worry about the calories as much unless they are sugar ;)
    When I used to eat umpteen times a day nuts and peanut butter helped ENORMOUSLY - and they are proper fats too. Good for you etc
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. I like air popped popcorn. An apple with peanut butter or Laughing Cow Cheese is good, too.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I wrote a blog post a while ago. I was getting lots of requests! So here's the link!

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/snack-time.html

OMGOSH!!! I was just about to post this link. This list has saved me, and I really think differently as I plan my snacks. I threw 1/4 cup of oats into my smoothie today, because I thought, oh, fitnesswithnatalie says I need complex carbs.

I hope you see this fitnesswithnatalie. *starstruck*
  • BusyNikki
    BusyNikki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try Hummus and carrots, Apples and peanut butter or nut butter (all natural if possible). Apples, pears, strawberries, blueberries, or any other berries burn slowly in the body. Fiber is a key to help stop cravings, these foods help get that accomplished. Try these fruit with some protein source and it helps to curb the cravings. Drink lots of water, to get a full feeling. I hope this helps.
  • skinnydipps
    skinnydipps Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have tested out the "snack" idea.Not only is it a money saver,but a healthing transition.I usually buy the snack ziploc bags,and pack almonds,baby carrots (all portion controlled of course)but sometimes when we go out,i usually take psyllium fiber pills so when i get to a resturaunt im full,and i can make a better choice.I hope that helps you out.Im still new to this :)
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My mom taught me a cool trick a while back with Quaker rice cakes (or whatever brand you like). Just eat one of those plain and drink a big glass of water, it should keep you full for a while. As a regular snack, they're fun to jazz up (the sweeter ones) with low-fat cream cheese and sugar free jam. Spreading a little bit of peanut butter and adding a few slices of banana on top of one is really tasty too. Sugar free jello helps a lot if you've got a hankering for something sweet. :happy:
  • GoddessAndraste
    Options
    This time of year, it's hard to pass up a bowl of fruit. Cantaloupe, watermelon, fresh strawberries from my garden... It satisfies the sweet tooth, is filling, and is great for a little bit of bonus liquid intake.
  • carrianne100
    Options
    I usually eat something "heavy" that will carry me through with something "light" to fill in the spaces. (Not in the same bite though.) Like 1/2 c. cottage cheese (14 g protein) and 1/2 c carrots. Or 1/2 c. great northern beans and an apple. The foods don't have to match, they just have to make you full and happy. There are a couple brands of whole wheat tortillas/ wraps that are only 70 or 80 calories. I make a wrap with a spoonful of cottage cheese, a long cucumber slice, and a half slice of Foster Farms Oven Roasted Turkey. My hubby likes to add mustard. That's a pretty filling 150 cal snack. Also, dehydration is sometimes manifested as feeling munchy.
  • bmmikel
    bmmikel Posts: 4
    Options
    Every post has great ideas, thank you so much MFP community.