Hello from California

Options
Hello all!

My name is Jose and currently station in California. I've been in the Military for a little over 10 1/2 years and loving it. I just joined the site today hoping to make some changes in my health and fitness goals. I've always been pretty active in fitness, geared more towards bodybuilding and powerlifting. After 12 years of throwing the weights around, putting on a good amount of mass and the ever changing diets for bulking phase/leaning phase, I've decided to lean out for a while without the extreme dieting, carb depleting/water depleting. With the ever changing requirements to the militarys weight and fitness standards it dont pay to be big or massive anymore, plus supplements and grocery bill should be a little better. My goal is to lean out but maintaining a good amount of mass. Currently I'm sitting at around 230 lbs and plan on getting down to about a lean (manageable) 190-220 and keeping it. Well thats all I can think of at the moment. Will post before pics soon and progress pics as they come. Any questions feel free to ask and good luck to those looking to reach their goals.

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Jose, and thank you for your service to our country!! Where in CA are you? N CA or S CA? If you would like to add me as a friend feel free to do so! :smile:
  • livinlifejgflo
    Options
    Thanks 1sxyogre! I'm located in the S CA, in the Lancaster/Palmdale area.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bro! Its great place, lots of cool people and advice! Add me as a friend if you want support!
  • Timmys_Girl
    Timmys_Girl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want support. :) Lets reach our goal together! It can be tough...I love MFP!!
  • livinlifejgflo
    Options
    Welcome Bro! Its great place, lots of cool people and advice! Add me as a friend if you want support!

Thanks brother! will do
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi Jose!! I would be honored to have you as a friend on MFP!! And I thank you as well for your service!! My Dad served 30 years!! I'm up in Nor Cal but travel to LA at least once a year to visit family. My Dad was once stationed at Vandenberg AFB. He's retired now here in the Travis AFB area. This site is a great place to start and the people are just wonderful!! I'm sending you are friend request!! :happy:
  • hawaiije
    hawaiije Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! That sounds so funny since I only joined 2 days ago myself.. The support here is great! You will love it!
    Feel free to "friend me" I'm also in CA northern..
  • livinlifejgflo
    Options
    Thanks all!! Posted before pics, Now time to get to work!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks 1sxyogre! I'm located in the S CA, in the Lancaster/Palmdale area.
    Hey Im in Tehachapi.. just up the hill =)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • masonsmomma
    masonsmomma Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you! I live in So Cal. Feel free to add me :)
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    welcome im in socali also, feel free to add me as well
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    hey, welcome to the forum. This site is awesome! feel free to as me to.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!

I lived in CA (Orange County) for 25 years. Moved to AZ 6 years ago.

Have a great weekend!