My New Motto

Options
I know this isn't original, but I thought about it today while doing w5d3 of c25k. (Which, at minute 8, was kicking my butt...but by the end, was manageable.)

"The harder I work today, the easier it will be tomorrow."

So, when I'm working out and about to give up, or thinking of giving up--I can think of that, and think that it will be so much easier tomorrow and the days to come, as long as I work hard today.

Also--it can apply to other parts of my life too, getting housework done (do it today, so tomorrow will be easier), grading papers (do them NOW, don't wait until you have a backup) etc.

I think I'm going to make a bracelet with it written on it--just a daily reminder!!

Anyone else have a motto that they workout by?

Replies

• sarah829522
    sarah829522 Posts: 139
    Options
    I love it and the bracelet idea. You should sell those :)
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    jessica alba ... jessica alba ... jessica alba

what can I say? she's got the most amaaaaazing body.

haha. not as motivational as yours. I think I like yours better, now that I think about it. Thanks for sharing!
  • Ahendon824
    Ahendon824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of a bracelet! That's a good one to live by. I don't have a favorite motto but I try to think of one possitve or good thing in the morning and concentrate on that. Instead of seeing the negative I can think of my positve thought and keep going!
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I wasn't even looking for a motto but while running I started to feel like I wasn't going to finish, and I just started telling myself "you got this" and it's what I say to myself now to keep going.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    "The harder I work today, the easier it will be tomorrow." I like it! Mine is "The Time Is Now!". It worked for the Dallas Mavericks!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I loved this so much, I just whipped up a new desktop wallpaper!

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j357/Jorra90/motivationalwallpaper.jpg
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    I loved this so much, I just whipped up a new desktop wallpaper!

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j357/Jorra90/motivationalwallpaper.jpg

I LOVE that and love the graphic!!!