need help

Options
I like to pre- cook for the whole week but I'm sick of the same old chicken, brown rice, and frozen mixed vegetables for dinner. Salad for lunch and a Apple with a clif bar for breakfast. It's the same thing everyday and I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to nutrition but I know it's under my cml of 3,400. If you guys had any ideas of other/ better options or what you guys eat it would be much appreciated, thank you!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I eat whatever I want that fits my calories. Just the idea of eating the same dinner two days in a row makes me nauseous.

My diet is pretty consistent and structured though. Breakfasts and lunches are usually crispbread+spread, milk, or porridge+butter, fruit, veg. Lunches can also be leftovers, salad, noodles, anything that pops up or needs to be eaten. Dinners follow a weekly rotation: Soup/casserole - white meat - leftovers - fish - anything/surprise - pizza/toast/pancakes - red meat.
  • EspressoLvr
    EspressoLvr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I also pre cook for the week. I always vary the chicken. I make 2 chicken breast, one might be lemon chicken the other would be tarragon or bbq.

Try to find a breakfast that you look forward to, rather than a breakfast that fits your nutritional profile. I used to have peanut butter for breakfast, now I'm really into my strawberry protein drink.

I also have salads everyday for lunch, and the way I change that up is to have seeds or raisins or crunchy stuff, of course vary the dressings. Sometimes I put meat or hard boiled egg. I also cook my own bacon extra crispy so I can crumble it on top. There're lots of things you can do with salads to make them interesting.

I keep a list of different kinds of chicken I like to cook so I don't ever have to think I think, I've got 10 different styles of chicken recipes. Some require marinade some just cover the chicken for baking.

I also keep a list of salad toppings in the kitchen so that when I'm putting a salad together I don't forget that I have raisins or forget that I have crunchy stuff. These are just things I do to make putting my food together simpler, there's nothing like being at work and realizing you had a bunch of bacon you could have put on top.