Is it really okay?

Options
2»

Replies

• nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This may come across as harsh or mean and I dont mean it but I also dont want to candy coat it. We have all been in that boat and if people would of been harsh with their comments to me maybe I wouldnt b on here tryin to lose weight, so my reply is: if u feel guilty make sure it doesnt happen next time. As a member of the red team I encourage u to try to do some type of exercise tonight. Yes 1500 cals is alot to b over. Yes its hard to find the energy to exercise after a crappy day. Yes we can make a 1000 excuses. Yes we can over come this horrible day as a team. Yes I have had days like this also. So do a few jumpin jacks, curse yourself out as your doin it, take a hot shower, and start new tomorrow!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    This may come across as harsh or mean and I dont mean it but I also dont want to candy coat it. We have all been in that boat and if people would of been harsh with their comments to me maybe I wouldnt b on here tryin to lose weight, so my reply is: if u feel guilty make sure it doesnt happen next time. As a member of the red team I encourage u to try to do some type of exercise tonight. Yes 1500 cals is alot to b over. Yes its hard to find the energy to exercise after a crappy day. Yes we can make a 1000 excuses. Yes we can over come this horrible day as a team. Yes I have had days like this also. So do a few jumpin jacks, curse yourself out as your doin it, take a hot shower, and start new tomorrow!!!

Didn't come across as harsh at all, thank you. I appreciate your honesty and your input. :smile:

I've decided my plan is this: I'm going to go to bed early tonight - over my calories and all - so that I will have enough rest to get up early in the morning and go on a nice long run before I have to go to work. When I get off work I'll do some strength training. Between the two I should burn enough calories to compensate for today's minor set back - and tomorrow I just won't eat back my exercise calories so that the 2 days are a wash.
  • Athena413
    Options
    Actually just went back about a month and a half and since the tornado happened (I'm from Joplin...) I haven't had a weekly average more than 1,600/day net. The week right after the tornado was completely crazy so I have no idea what my net calories were that week. I'm feeling better seeing the overall affect, because I'm not doing too shabby for the most part.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Great! You have a solid plan to burn some extra cals tomorrow so it shouldn't derail your week.
    And it does help to put it into perspective, doesn't it, overall you sound like you're doing pretty well, now you need to work on some strategies so it doesn't happen again.
  • mbennion
    mbennion Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you get out there and exercise you'll go from feeling like you messed up to empowered because you can do something about it besides turn back time.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    "pass the jumbo pack of Double Coat Tim Tams".

Hahaha this made me laugh out loud! I assume that's a made-up food (or at least I haven't heard of it), but it does sound like the ultimate junk food!

OP, I second what someone else said about guilt not really helping you lose weight, either. Yes, if you're making a habit of this, you may need some tough love. But you aren't. In your case, I think you need more regular love and less tough love. ESPECIALLY if you live in Joplin and are just one month out from a pretty dreadful, life-changing experience - then you need to be extremely proud of yourself for having the emotional resiliency that you have and don't waste time with negative thoughts about yourself like "it's really not OK."

If you are smart and self-aware, you will know for yourself - even better than the numbers on your MFP log - when you cross the line from ok to not ok.
  • Athena413
    Options
    So if anyone is actually keeping up with this...I DID do an hour of treadmill intervals today, followed by 30 minutes of push-mowing, followed by an hour of P90X - Kenpo X. I more than took care of my bad day. :drinker: