Air Popped Popcorn with sea salt and olive oil

jstbeachy
jstbeachy Posts: 16
edited September 19 in Recipes
This is great and if you do it right you can spread this 200 calorie snack out for a while. I split it up into 2 servings and munch on it throughout the day.

3.5 cups of air popped popcorn
drizzle 1TBSP of olive oil
sprinke 1TBLSP sea salt

mix up and enjoy!

**edited portion** Try a bit of Tabasco sauce tossed in for an added spicy twist.:wink:

Replies

• This is great and if you do it right you can spread this 200 calorie snack out for a while. I split it up into 2 servings and munch on it throughout the day.

3.5 cups of air popped popcorn
    drizzle 1TBSP of olive oil
    sprinke 1TBLSP sea salt

mix up and enjoy!

**edited portion** Try a bit of Tabasco sauce tossed in for an added spicy twist.:wink:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    I have never thought of using olive oil. That is a great idea!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    I heard that sea salt will help you lose weight. Is thhat true. I have some but don't used it regular. But I think I will give it a try.
  • I don't know if the sea salt will help you lose any weight ...I will have to look into it.

I was just experimenting one day trying to not use butter and decided olive oil would be a good replacement and the sea salt...I stole that idea from the whole sea salt chips that are all over the place.

For a different spin I also put Tabasco sauce on it occasionally.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Do you have buy a popcorn popper? How do you get air popped popcorn, is it on the stove in a pot or what? Sounds good so I wanted to see how you make the popcorn, Thanks~
  • Air poppers are cheap, and they are super easy to use. I love mine, and it only cost $10 at walgreens. I make popcorn everyday. I bought generic this time though, and it pops crazy and gets all over the place, jiffy popcorn doesn't do that.
  • Jiffy pop or Orville....I use the white corn...just because it seems to have a lighter taste if that even makes sense with popcorn.

Air Poppers can sometimes be tricky to find...but Walmart has them pretty often now. It is so easy and fast...just put a bowl under the little spout....pour in your popcorn kernels, put the top back on and plug in. It is as quick as the microwave with FAR less calories and crud in it.

Air pop tip....only fill the little measuring cup 1/2 way....it makes more than you think! I had to chase around looking for a second bowl the first time I made it....was a bit comical as popcorn was just flowing out of the popper all over the counter. Oh and sometimes one will pop right after it is in the bowl....kids find it funny but you might want to give it a second after you finish before you stick your hand in and get the scare of your life.

Cost of the kernels is about $4...sounds pricy but really a bunch of servings...lasting way way longer than that $4 bag of chips in the same aisle. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.