craving~!

Options
How do you avoid them?

Replies

• dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    I give in and have a little of what I'm craving. Otherwise it won't go away and I'll end up losing it and devour it all! Not good, just have a little bit to get a taste of it. Good luck!!!
  • foxglovefarm
    foxglovefarm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I have cravings, I sometimes go take a long soak in the jacuzzi with a good book so I'm distracted and not near the kitchen..or if it's at night, I've heard some people say if you brush your teeth, it helps since you won't want to have to brush them again before bed and that the taste of the toothpaste also helps divert you from craving snacks. Go on My Fitness Pal and read inspirational articles...or go for a walk. I find that if I can resist a craving for 10 or 15 min., it tends to go away. If I still want something, I'll make a cup of herbal tea and watch an old movie and try to forget it.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to eat more earlier in the day and I think it is helping.
    I have a bad habit of having breakfast late, a small lunch then a bigger dinner.
    I find that if I have breakfast earlier, a substantial morning snack and a good lunch then I'm less likely to have cravings in the afternoon.
    Also I plan my snacks so I have something nice to nibble on in the afternoon when I am most likely to be craving something sweet.
    And I don't keep chocolate at home - luckily my husband doesn't eat sweets, no I'm not tempted.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Luckily I've avoided having bad food in the house and I cant really go out much at the moment to indulge in my cravings but I found myself leaving the hospital the other day and just going to McDonalds...I knew i was going for fries...they are my weakness afterall. SO i continued and then ordered a Diet coke. as weird as it sounds going through the drive-thru for the first time in weeks made me feel like I was getting my craving satisfied. It's always been a regular one to two time a week thing if not more...that really helped me.

Another thing that i love are the Fiber One Brownies...90 calories for a brownie! they taste so good to a choco-holic like myself. Hubs says he can taste the fiber but frankly when youre eating ten pounds of broccoli and grilled boneless skinless chicken everyday you dont notice!
  • CindiJ
    CindiJ Posts: 20
    Options
    I treat them like an addiction - don't feed them. I have found that my worst cravings (breads for example) went away after a few weeks following a healthy eating plan. However, I also know that if I eat much bread even now, I find myself having to fight the monster again for a few days. I keep reminding myself that nothing tastes as good as healthy feels. I don't have the discipline to just eat a little to satisfy the craving. I have to defeat the cravings altogether. Offer me a chip and you better be prepared to hand over the whole bag. For me, it's cold turkey.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    I give in and have a little of what I'm craving. Otherwise it won't go away and I'll end up losing it and devour it all! Not good, just have a little bit to get a taste of it. Good luck!!!
    I'm the same way! I had chocolate tonight and I didn't even go over my calorie limit (which, I was so impressed by because I thought I'd be over for sure). It's good to indulge sometimes, especially if you've been really strict. I'm the type of person that will relapse if I don't give myself that little something.