Lost almost 20 pounds... Then had a huge cheat day.

Options
Yesterday was awesome. I stepped in the scale and I was 204! I'm 4 pounds away from my short term goal. I haven't weighed this since before I got out of the Army.

Then I was invited to a buffet with the in-laws. I decided it was a cheat meal and put 18000 calories (or something like that) in MFP out of fun and went to town. The rest of the day was bad too. 1 candy bar, 1 egg mcmuffin and frosty, pop... It was alot.

Feeling pretty crummy both physically and mentally but no plans on giving up. Probably gained back 20 yesterday though :)

Replies

• Slightly_Amusing
    Slightly_Amusing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It makes no difference, unless you eat like that ten days in a row.

The only difference I've noticed so far is the guilt and lack of desire for food so far today lol. Though after 15 cheesy oysters I think that's a normal thing.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    been there. move on. Just look at your progress and pretend you are starting new with the same motivation you had to get started.
    Sometimes after cheat days I am even more motivated and kill my workout and eat with even more purpose for a few days to get back on track.
    You do know by now that one day (or weekend) is negligible as long as it remains a rarity.
  • Slightly_Amusing
    Slightly_Amusing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    been there. move on. Just look at your progress and pretend you are starting new with the same motivation you had to get started.
    Sometimes after cheat days I am even more motivated and kill my workout and eat with even more purpose for a few days to get back on track.
    You do know by now that one day (or weekend) is negligible as long as it remains a rarity.

Oh I know. I usually have sushi day every two weeks as long as I don't go over my cals for the previous two weeks. A way to motivate me. I'm not worried about the one day in all reality. Just surprised. I swear I ate as much as I used to. It was eye opening for sure.