Time for a change!

Options
I'm new to the site and am ready to change my lifestyle.

I am a full time student, have a part time job, and am a member of a local dance team. I keep busy - but that also means that I eat for convenience.

My family has decided to lose weight together. We are each at least 15 pounds over our target weight ranges. We've started a little friendly competition to keep us motivated.

Does anyone have any quick/easy/HEALTHY recipes that they can share? Possibly something that can be packed in a lunch box and eaten on the go.

-Becca-

Replies

• rsmclaurin
    Options
    I'm new to the site and am ready to change my lifestyle.

I am a full time student, have a part time job, and am a member of a local dance team. I keep busy - but that also means that I eat for convenience.

My family has decided to lose weight together. We are each at least 15 pounds over our target weight ranges. We've started a little friendly competition to keep us motivated.

Does anyone have any quick/easy/HEALTHY recipes that they can share? Possibly something that can be packed in a lunch box and eaten on the go.

-Becca-
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    congrats on getting healthier! this site is amazing - there is no way i wouldnt be doing as well as i am without it. :love:

as far as low cal lunches go - i dont really have any recipes. I just figured out what i like - for example, sandwiches! - and figured out how to make them healthy. eating what you like and not depriving your self are very important. as is drinking water and excercising.

this site allowed me a treat this weekend - i had a dr. pepper but i logged in my whole day's worth of food to compinsate for the treat. worked great, only went over my calories by 9!

anyways, welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    - there is no way i wouldnt be doing as well as i am without it. :love:

duh - i meant to say

there is no way i WOULD be do as well as i am with out it.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You'll love it here! Good luck on meeting your goals! :drinker:
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is baby spinach salad with diced apples and cashews (or almonds) with a raspberry vinegrette. Mmmmmm
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know that you will love it here if you don't already, I do I love it so much. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.