Is there a type II diabetes group>

Options
Just checking to see if there is a type II diabetes group available.

Replies

• bwy1129
    bwy1129 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Perhaps we'll both learn the answer soon. How long have you been treating your diabetes? I started having to inject insulin in October of this year. Injections are a piece of cake... or carb-free newspaper photos of cake... but I'm still struggling to control my glucose levels. Last month my morning lows to evening highs were wildly variable, swinging more than 100 between highs and lows, in spite of being very conscientious of my diet. Over the past two weeks I've gotten the swinging to stop, but the daily morning tests have slowly been creeping up from 119 at 7:30 am to 139 at 7:30 am and the evening tests have also been creeping up by the same slow amounts from 125 at 6:00 pm to 147 at 6:00 pm. I don't know why. Perhaps I'm allergic to food and am reacting to cardboard and sawdust by converting it into pure cane sugar. I see my doctor again in January, so I'll ask him. Meanwhile, I've got a question for those with more experience than me: does this sound "normal", like "plateaus" when dieting is "normal", or should I call my doctor now and discuss this with him?

And if there ISN'T a type II diabetes group, how would one go about starting one?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    Yes, "Type 2 Diabetes Support Group". :)