What's a good late night snack?

Options

Replies

• renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian so meat and jell-o aren't an option for me. But, I get what you mean by eating something with lots of protien in it as a snack. I still have to go grocery shopping in a bit, so I will get some cereal as well. And, I'm not really crazy about nutella, but I'm always up to give something another try.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    I'm vegetarian so meat and jell-o aren't an option for me. But, I get what you mean by eating something with lots of protien in it as a snack. I still have to go grocery shopping in a bit, so I will get some cereal as well. And, I'm not really crazy about nutella, but I'm always up to give something another try.

You don't have to choose something from what we've all mentioned. The point is ... eat whatever YOU like. It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that you stay within your calorie limit.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I just had apple cinnamon oatmeal as a snack. 160 or an even 200 with almond milk. Satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • renae161
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I know that, but if you've seen any of my last posts I do take what other's say into consideration or give something a try I've never had before.
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Homemade granola! Oats, nuts, coconut oils, small amount of dried fruit, cinnamon, vanilla extract, honey and salt. So good on a bit of plain Greek yogurt.
  • Machka9
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I know that, but if you've seen any of my last posts I do take what other's say into consideration or give something a try I've never had before.

Sure, trying new things can be fun. But just know that what we've suggested isn't necessarily going to help you lose weight or get stronger or whatever.

I suggested the nutella and honey on toast because I like nutella and honey on toast. It is not exactly the most healthy thing out there. In fact, I probably shouldn't have it as often as I do ... it's doing me no favours with regard to losing the last couple kg. But I have it because I like it.
  • renae161
    Options
    Even if something is bad for you, I'd still probably try it. If I don't like it I won't add it to the things I already eat. I don't really know if there's anything I eat too much of that is not good for me. Maybe pasta's, but it's not an everday thing. And, as far as me losing weight goes. I've already lost some weight and am on the right track. I've still got a little bit of weight to lose left, but not nearly as much as before. I really need to be exercising a bit more than I already am and drinking more liquids. It's just been raining here a lot so I'm not able to get on the trails like I want. I've also already switched doctor's to a better one, so if I need more help I can ask her to give me a referral to a better nutritionist than my old one.
  • Machka9
    Options
    The late night snack for me, and it would appear for a few people here, is the bonus snack. At the end of the day, we tally everything up and realise that we've got an extra 200 calories or something. WooHoo! Time to break out the indulgence snack. :)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I've been snacking on different flavors of rice cakes.(new thing for me) Sometime on the sweet ones I spread some welches apple cinnamon fruit spread and or p butter
  • renae161
    Options
    I'm not sure what I would eat as an indulgence snack. Maybe zeppole's, but I don't know how many calories are in them.
  • renae161
    Options
    You're lucky you can buy rice cakes. We had to stop buying them our dogs kept stealing them off the counter. How do you like them?
  • lemonsacre
    lemonsacre Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As I college student, I have many eggs in my fridge because they are provide me with protein, so a fried egg is my go to. It would fill me up until the next morning. Also, I enjoy cooking, and I cooking eggs in different ways allows me to improve on my cooking skills.
  • valcparker
    valcparker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes spread with nut butterof choice
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I generally eat either some cereal (Weetabix) or Greek yogurt topped with granola. If I'm way under my calorie goal for the day, then I spring for a PB&J.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Big bowl of ice cream is usually mine.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    If I eat popcorn, we have one of those little theater popcorn machines and the popcorn seasonings or if I don't feel like messing with the kernel's, I just buy the stove top ones. If I buy cottage cheese I'm the only one that eats it. I have it with fruit or some kind of flavored chips. As for ice cream the store by my house only sells one kind of skinny cow ice cream which is the caramel chocolate bars.

@renae161 what flavor chips with the cottage cheese? I love cottage cheese with fresh chives but it's winter here now and my chives are gone. $5 for a small bunch and not so fresh at the grocery store. So please share what you put with it. Thanks!
  • renae161
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    If I eat popcorn, we have one of those little theater popcorn machines and the popcorn seasonings or if I don't feel like messing with the kernel's, I just buy the stove top ones. If I buy cottage cheese I'm the only one that eats it. I have it with fruit or some kind of flavored chips. As for ice cream the store by my house only sells one kind of skinny cow ice cream which is the caramel chocolate bars.

@renae161 what flavor chips with the cottage cheese? I love cottage cheese with fresh chives but it's winter here now and my chives are gone. $5 for a small bunch and not so fresh at the grocery store. So please share what you put with it. Thanks!

If I eat it with fruit, then I put some mixed berries in the food processor to mix in with it or a bit of pineapple chunks and some toasted almonds slices. If I eat it with chips I'll get Sour Cream and Onion lays stax or if they don't have any of those then either sour cream and onion Pringles or ranch Pringles. I also sometimes eat it with a bit of salsa mixed in it and some tortilla chips. There's probably a few other ways I eat cottage cheese, but again I'm the only one who eats it in my house, so I don't bother buying the big tubs of it.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Big bowl of ice cream is usually mine.

Have one in front of me right now.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »

If I eat it with fruit, then I put some mixed berries in the food processor to mix in with it or a bit of pineapple chunks and some toasted almonds slices. If I eat it with chips I'll get Sour Cream and Onion lays stax or if they don't have any of those then either sour cream and onion Pringles or ranch Pringles. I also sometimes eat it with a bit of salsa mixed in it and some tortilla chips. There's probably a few other ways I eat cottage cheese, but again I'm the only one who eats it in my house, so I don't bother buying the big tubs of it.

Thank you! I'm excited about the salsa idea!