216 is too high for me!

blnorman29
blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 25 and was very active growing up, so weight problems are very confusing and difficult for me. After I had my son, everything seemed to spiral out of control. My weight climbed higher and higher, and I began panicking after it tipped over 200. Once it hit 216, I knew I had to do something. So here I am! A friend of mine lost 60 pounds through diet and exercise and is a member here, so that's how I found this place. I'm doing smaller goals to make it easier to see progress, but hopefully I will be able to reach 130, what I weighed at my most active. Looking forward to learning a lot from this board!

Glad to meet everyone!

Replies

• runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    I'm 25 and was very active growing up, so weight problems are very confusing and difficult for me. After I had my son, everything seemed to spiral out of control. My weight climbed higher and higher, and I began panicking after it tipped over 200. Once it hit 216, I knew I had to do something. So here I am! A friend of mine lost 60 pounds through diet and exercise and is a member here, so that's how I found this place. I'm doing smaller goals to make it easier to see progress, but hopefully I will be able to reach 130, what I weighed at my most active. Looking forward to learning a lot from this board!

Glad to meet everyone!
    Good luck! Feel free to add me
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    You can do it! Good luck!
  • Good luck!!! You can do it! :)
  • lisadhancock
    lisadhancock Posts: 103
    I'm in a very similar situation. I got up to 213 and knew i must do something so here i am! We can do this! :)
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    welcome and good luck!!
  • kategottli
    kategottli Posts: 20 Member
    Good luck! I myself went from 140 lbs to 240 within 3.5 years. I'm 27.

When I hit 175 I said "that's enough", but still did nothing. When I hit 200 I did the same thing. It wasn't until it fully sunk in that I put on ONE HUNDRED POUNDS that I really took things seriously.

My one word of advice is that these things take time. Think of how long it took you to put on the weight and remind yourself that it won't come off overnight! Your body will also change, like when you put on the weight. I've gone through stages where I lost weight but my clothes still fit the same... in reverse I've gone through stages where I actually GAINED WEIGHT and at the same time I dropped a dress size.

Patience will be just as valuable to you as MFP, I promise!

Best of luck to you :)
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Bonny, I'm so glad you joined! This is one of the many things I did to learn how to properly feed myself and exercise. You're a great cook and food planner, so you have one of the hardest parts tackled already!
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Thanks Shirelle. I've been doing good the last couple weeks, so I hope I can keep it up. Thanks for the cooking and planning compliments, that means a lot coming from someone who is crazy good at that stuff. :)

One of my biggest motivators right now is that my cousin is having a baby at the end of November, and has asked me to be there with her during labor. I have trouble now moving freely and getting into tight positions, plus I know she'll have a photographer of some kind. To support her, and not feel self-conscious, I've made getting to 170 by then my goal.

I have some serious obstacles, mainly the fact that I have once again started smoking, something I'm really not proud of. I'm hoping to start C25k, but feel like I need to quit before I can really take that on. It's really, really hard, though. I've quit for extended periods of time *twice* now and fallen off the wagon.

Anyway, thanks again for posting about this on the other board! You've done good this week keeping up with your food logging!
This discussion has been closed.