How many times a week should you have fizzy drinks (Soda) ?

Options
How often should you have it?

Replies

• sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    There is no "should," but I drink La Croix sparking water almost every day, soda almost never. The sugar in soda isn't worth it to me, and it's not at all hydrating, so I'd rather drink water. Or coffee or tea if I need the caffeine.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Depends on you. Is there room for it in your calorie allowance? I personally don't like sodas. They make my throat very dry and I really hate the squeaky feeling teeth after drinking a soda. They also make my stomach feel like it's going to burst. If they don't bother you just have a small serving now and then at your discretion.
  • kethra
    kethra Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    At first, I allowed myself 1 diet soda a day, but soon discovered I really don't like the taste of sodas anymore. I occasionally treat myself to a Monster Zero Ultra (the white can), but that's maybe once a week.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people have to troll. Just keep moving if you don't have something worthwhile to contribute. Anyway.... what is your calorie intake like? Sodas are not low calorie, so too much would ruin your efforts. You should measure what you drink and make sure you log it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    As many times as you like and it fits your calories. I generally have 1 or 2 a week.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    However many you want. Just make sure if you're going for regular soda that you log it.

For the record I have two cans a day...one in the morning on my way to work, one at dinner. I only drink water in between those times. Unless I go out to lunch, that's usually it, and I probably wouldn't go much higher than that.

This.

Sometimes I drink every a diet/zero/max day, sometimes I don't have one for a while.

No foods are bad for weight loss.. you can have what you like if it fits your calories.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    As often as you want it and are able to fit it in your calorie goal. There is no right answer. Just personal preference.
  • LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    None! I'm tracking Macros and Water is the perfect drink.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Depends on personal preference. Any beverages that have calories need to be accounted for, but beyond that it doesn't really matter. I don't drink regular soda anymore to save calories, and I drink 4-5 cans of diet soda a day. Works well for me!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    you "should" have them never, But if you want to have them......

You do you boo. :D
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I have a diet soda every day. I don't really like regular soda, so it doesn't enter the picture.

As far as "should" is concerned, that depends on you. Do you have room in your calories? Do you want to spend them on a soda? Or are you drinking diet? If it's diet, have it as often as you wish, it's mostly water.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    sarko15 wrote: »
    There is no "should," but I drink La Croix sparking water almost every day, soda almost never. The sugar in soda isn't worth it to me, and it's not at all hydrating, so I'd rather drink water. Or coffee or tea if I need the caffeine.

La Croix for the win. What's your favorite flavor?
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 2 cans of coke zero a day. Sometimes way more. Has no effect on my weight loss.