Back on board

Options
So I am back on board with working out again. I took a hiatus after an injury and after I got better it was so difficult to get back into doing it again. I am doing the Power 90 workout because I really don't have time to get to a gym and I need someone telling me what to do when for a workout. I need that DVD to keep me going.

Today I decided to do my "Before" pictures. I am 5'8" and 122.5lbs...I am what I would call "skinny-fat". I am thin enough for my height but I am jiggly. I am working to tone up my muscles. I also know that there are certain areas that I may not be able to correct (stomach skin from 2 pregnancies that I gained 60lbs in each one) but I hope to get everything else toned and tightened.

The hardest part of working out for me is finding the time. What with chasing 2 kids all day, part time work, visiting my sick father, cleaning the house and making dinner I often find that it is 10pm before I even think of working out. I have a hard time doing it during the day because it's not just a 30 min workout...I have to shower and get dressed/makeup/fix hair afterwards so it is sooo much more time out of my day. Today I tried the work out during my 1 year old's afternoon nap. My 3 year old decided to do it with me! :-) Super cute.

When do you get your at-home workouts in? Anyone else having trouble staying on board like I am?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I take a summer night class and work part time during the day since I'm currently a student. Between chores at home, work, and studying, it's hard to find time sometimes. But, no matter what I always make myself do atleast thirty minutes!
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    I have a 4 year old son and ever since I had him I've been getting up at 4 am to do my morning workouts. Since he's gotten older he usually wakes up in the middle to end of my workout and just sleeps on the couch till i'm done. I find it incredibly hard to workout after work or after my son goes to bed. I dont have a gym membership but I have DVD's. All of Jillian Michaels and Insanity. I live by this! I'm a single mom and I dont have anyone to watch my son while I hit the gym plus I rather workout at home. With you having two kids I'm sure its much more difficult but you have to find that " me" time... No excuses or it will never get done.
  • fitzerin
    fitzerin Posts: 31
    Options
    I don't know if I can do a 4am workout...but maybe I should switch to morning ones again.