Am I gaining weight again slowly again?

Options
Lately, I have noticed that my morning weights are becoming steady on the higher normal range. I'm not sure if I am slowly gaining my weight back but I have worked so hard to lose 20lbs on weight watchers. I got off of it for now three months using this app. However, I noticed that I do eat a little more freely than before but I am trying my best to control it. I keep weighing myself , which I know I shouldn't do. I can't help it I don't want to go back. I have started to work and walk a little bit more but I am just afraid of becoming fat

Good days(morning weight) 157-159

After eating (160-161)

These days I'm on the scale after eating and I am about 163 and my morning weight is on high 160. Please help or someone tell me what I should do.please and thank you!

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    "my weight is slowly getting higher" "am i slowly gaining weight?"
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    mdupera wrote: »
    Lately, I have noticed that my morning weights are becoming steady on the higher normal range. I'm not sure if I am slowly gaining my weight back but I have worked so hard to lose 20lbs on weight watchers. I got off of it for now three months using this app. However, I noticed that I do eat a little more freely than before but I am trying my best to control it. I keep weighing myself , which I know I shouldn't do. I can't help it I don't want to go back. I have started to work and walk a little bit more but I am just afraid of becoming fat

Good days(morning weight) 157-159

After eating (160-161)

These days I'm on the scale after eating and I am about 163 and my morning weight is on high 160. Please help or someone tell me what I should do.please and thank you!

if you are weighing after you eat,its the food you have eaten that is making the scale go up.its not weight gain. also weight loss is not linear so it will fluctuate for many reasons.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    USAMcK wrote: »
    You just answered your own question, for sure.

Are you not counting calories anymore? If you think you're eating more, count for a week and see. If you are, eat less.

But, yeah, if you weigh more, you might be gaining weight. But give it more than a few days. And only weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything. You need a baseline.

You can drink 16-oz of water and "gain a pound" on the scale while you can also eat 16 oz of peanut butter and literally gain an actual pound of fat on your body. The food in your stomach isn't your weight. Weigh only in the morning.

eating 16oz of peanut butter,while its a lb is not going to cause you to gain 1lb of fat,you gain a lb of fat if you eat 3500 calories over your maintenance calories,not a lb of peanut butter
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

Are you not counting calories anymore? If you think you're eating more, count for a week and see. If you are, eat less.

But, yeah, if you weigh more, you might be gaining weight. But give it more than a few days. And only weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything. You need a baseline.

You can drink 16-oz of water and "gain a pound" on the scale while you can also eat 16 oz of peanut butter and literally gain an actual pound of fat on your body. The food in your stomach isn't your weight. Weigh only in the morning.

eating 16oz of peanut butter,while its a lb is not going to cause you to gain 1lb of fat,you gain a lb of fat if you eat 3500 calories over your maintenance calories,not a lb of peanut butter

Its not far off. Why you breaking my heart peanutbutter </3
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited December 2016
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Its not far off. Why you breaking my heart peanutbutter </3

it all depends on the person and how many calories they can eat( so if they have room for 3500 calories of PB then they wont gain. now others yes,but 3500 calories of anything over maintenance would cause the dreaded gain.. kudos to those who can eat a whole jar without getting sick
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Has the weight gain been happening for a few days or a few months? Few days, don't worry, just a fluctuation. Few months, get back on track.
  • mdupera
    mdupera Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started since like thanksgiving. It's really been sticking on me it goes down but the past few days it's been on the higher end.
  • mdupera
    mdupera Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Has the weight gain been happening for a few days or a few months? Few days, don't worry, just a fluctuation. Few months, get back on track.

Just started since like thanksgiving. It's really been sticking on me it goes down but the past few days it's been on the higher end.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    That's been about 10 days. For me that would be a normal fluctuation and nothing to worry about. You need to evaluate based on your personal patterns.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Why are you getting on the scale after eating...you're weighing the food you just ingested which has nothing to do with anything....

I use the Libra app to track my weight...it plots out the trend.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Forget about the evening weight! go by the morning weight, track that, see if there's a trend and if its going up over a number of weeks, if it is then you have been eating more and its time to nip things in the bud. The fact is if we go back to eating how we once did we would eventually gain all we lost.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    mdupera wrote: »

So its only 10 days...its probably a fluctuation still at this point - keep an eye on it and take action if necessary.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Since you lost 20 pounds on WW have you recalculated TDEE with new stats? Has your activity level changed?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You are. I've done that. Drop your calories down .5 lbs a week here and log meticulously. The little things add up - a cookie or two a day, a few nuts a day, a glass of orange juice, an extra piece of toast. Logging will keep you on track. Most people who regain do it because they go back to old habits. You can't.

Walking or other exercise really help.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

This is good advice. Anytime I change macros or time spacing on intermittent fasting or calorie levels my body tends to stress out and hold water. Then it drops it in about 2 weeks and I feel better.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    A weight range rather than a specific weight is acceptable because weight will fluctuate over the day and from day to day.

Over the course of a week, I can be as little as 124 and as high as 130lbs. It's only when I get up over 130 that I start to worry. You seem to be within a stable range of 157-163...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP if you want a truer picture of whats happening download a weight trending app, i use Trendweight.
    Weigh yourself every morning after the loo and before eating or drinking anything. Log your weight every morning and after 3-4 weeks the trending app will let you know if you're truly gaining or maintaining.