Pregnancy weight

Options
owl1982
owl1982 Posts: 8 Member
Have any of you set your calorific goal to the NHS guidlines ie for your weight/height to keep weight gain down or are you all relaxed?I know pregnancy is a time to be embraced and weight should be last thing on your minds but if like me and had children before with uneccersary gains is it wrong to want to keep my weight minimal and realistically healthy??how are you all using the app to maintain your weight?.

Replies

• reyoflightphoto
    reyoflightphoto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Best way to eat when pregnant is lots of protein and folic acid rich foods. Stay away from empty calories like sweets and bad fats and you will not experience excess gains. Protein and folic acid are important for the baby's development. A great diet to follow for healthy baby and low weight gain for you is the Bradley Birthing Method diet. http://www.bradleybirth.com/Diet.aspx I had twins who were 8.6 and 7.4 and didn't have excess gain. I gained my weight later when I kept eating the 3000 calories a day I needed when I was nursing, after I was finished nursing. It all caught up to me. Beware if that phase.
  • owl1982
    owl1982 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • NewMommyRachel
    NewMommyRachel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently pregnant, and currently have my goals set to gain .5 lb per week, which works out to a healthy weight gain for me! Of course I know the weight gain will vary from that week to week, but it gives me a good calorie range to stay in, and tracking my food/exercise keeps me consciously thinking about it so I make good choices.